Hi everyone,

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob in MN

Junior
Reaction score
I am originally from the UK (Leicester) and made my own wine there but 15 years ago I married and moved to live in the USA so my wine making stopped.
This last year I have returned to making wine again, some good and some bad, mostly from store bought juices but some from garden produce...not too large a growing season in sunny Minnesota where we live now.
Hi to everyone.

Hi Bob, Welcome.

I live in MN as well, don't our short growing season disappoint you. My wild chokecherry wine last year is the best thing I have made to date. If you are willing to drive to the Twin Cities you can find grape options there. Wild fruits are particularly good in the northern part of the state; just don't ask where my blueberry patch is! :)

Hi, Bob. I am also in Minnesota and have made several fruit wines from my super secret supplier of fruit (okay, it's Costco. I have bought most of it at Costco. 🤣😂🤣)

I ordered my first juice bucket from Midwest Supplies (Chilean Gewurztraminer) - supposed to be ready for pickup from their St. Louis Park location around the end of the month. You can check midwestsupplies.com or northernbrewer.com to see if you can still preorder, but you do have to pick them up right away.

Have fun and welcome to WMT!

Hi Bob!

Wow, quite a few folks from Minnesota!

I am Sven and live in Eden Prairie. I make several apple wines, ciders and honey/apple-modified meads.

I use Minnesota Harvest in Jordan, MN for all my juice. The contact there is Peter Water - GM. For the honey, I purchase from Forest Meadow Products, also located in Jordan.The contact there is Richard Marks.

Happy fermenting!🍾🥃

Sven

Welcome to WMT Bob!
I am mostly a fruit wine maker so I have carboys named elderberry, choke cherry, rhubarb, watermelon. You didn’t say which part of Minnesota, the vinters club I am in orders juice buckets which get as close to you as LaCrosse. lots of concord (related labrusca as Beta) is grown in Mn.

Welcome. Also in Mn near Mankato. Don't sell the UMN and Swenson and Plocher grapes short. I grow a few but many vineyards around here. I also make fruit and honey wines. Plenty of things to choose from around the great north.

Latest posts

Back