Hi All, Its me from India...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Started since an year and finding it too creative/interesting.
New to this forum. Looking forward to learn lot many things from you guys!!!
Regards
Shailesh

Last edited:
Hi Shailesh - and welcome. I've been watching a number of wine making videos published on Youtube from India and I see that many of those making the videos tend to use spices in their grape wines, perhaps because those grapes are table grapes and not wine grapes (?) and the spices add more complexity to the flavors. If you have any insight into this then we may have much to learn from you.:)

Hi Shailesh - and welcome. I've been watching a number of wine making videos published on Youtube from India and I see that many of those making the videos tend to use spices in their grape wines, perhaps because those grapes are table grapes and not wine grapes (?) and the spices add more complexity to the flavors. If you have any insight into this then we may have much to learn from you.:)

Hi Bernard !
Yes you are right. I have also seen people adding spices while making grape wine. Frankly speaking, I have not tried in my grape batches so far. I made my first ever grape batch based on YouTube video who added some wheat and I too added wheat. Initially, it turned out good but after three/four months it spoiled completely.

Similarly, I tried a minor trial batch of sugarcane juice adding spices like cinnamon, clove & ginger. It gave very strong taste and aroma of spices completely overpowering the basic flavor of the sugarcane juice. I think I may have added more than required quantity of spices.

Initially, I was unaware of wine making know-how and had this experience.

Subsequently, I did online research and downloaded learning material from morewine.com and understood the basics. So far, I tried batches of grape and other fruits like mango, custard apple, strawberry, strawberry-banana, Lemonade-ginger successfully.

We do not find wine grapes in India. So true for equipment and additives. If available, will be at high price. So people use table grapes. I made one gallon batch using Red Globe Class-1 (seeded) Grape, with no spices, which turned-out fantastic !!! I have kept it sparkling.

We do not find wine grapes in India. So true for equipment and additives. If available, will be at high price. So people use table grapes. I made one gallon batch using Red Globe Class-1 (seeded) Grape, with no spices, which turned-out fantastic !!! I have kept it sparkling.

I've made wine with about any grape I can get my hands on from friend's and family's grapevines and they are often table grapes...they've always turned out great. One of our favorites is wine made with Concord grapes 🍇 It's like grape juice with a nice kick 😊

Back