Hi all from NC in USA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptofimpact

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a novice, not a wine guru by any stretch.... I like drinking Red Wine, don't care much for store bought. This all began for me 10 years ago, when a friend up North[used to live in NYC] taught me to make Wine the Old Fahioned way, fresh grapes, Crush & Press, Oak barrels etc.
What a wonderful experience, and terriffic product......He warned me before drinking my 1st Glass of Homemade, he said 'once you drink this you will be Spoiled' ...well was he ever right!
I enjoyed that with him for approx 5-6 years, then moved to NC, where things are not conducive to re-creating the same product, so I began using Wine Kits. Pleased with results, but not the same.

Pete in NC

Welcome Pete,
This is a great site and very informative. Like your avitar too, sure Wade will agree ha ha.

Welcome.
I'm guessing that the pic is your 2 best friends? Smith & Wesson?

Hello and welcome. You said ever since you moved to the NC you've been making kits. Are you not able to find a source for fresh grapes in your part NC ?

Welcome, Im sure you can find some grape importers down there if nothing is available fresh some where down there.

Tom, Yes that is One of my S&W best Friends, 45cal, muzzle port to help reduce recoil.
Thanks to all for the warm welcome~
Wade E , Racer, there are NC grapes to be found, but even with Imports, No Cellar in house, and soil is so sandy to try and build one, so Kits it is.
Wade E,,that a Glock?

Yes it is a glock, You can also get fresh juice. Im guessing no where to put a press and crusher is the problem then, is that what you mean?

Welcome pete even a novice like me is enjoying the expert's company here,learning some thing new every day about wine brewing or wines in general.

Wade E
Yes no 'cool' place to keep crusher, Press, and those wonderful Oak barrels~
Wade E, you re-load?

Welcome aboard!
1533.gif

St Allie, Chateau Joe,
Thanks for the welcome, most appreciated.
Sitting here waiting for UPS to bring my Kit~

Latest posts

Back