Hi all from London

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Evonne but trust me, starting or operating a winery is not as romantic as it might seem.
Welcome aboard Evonne.
I gotta think that mainshipfred has it down to rights. One way to make a small fortune opening up a winery is to start with a large fortune. If you think about it, at least in the US, if you start a winery in 2022, you will need enough funds to live on for - what one or two or more years before you can actually sell a drop of anything like a quality wine... and then the costs of the non consumables - the fermenters and the lab and the bottling station are not small, while the cost of the fruit (whether grapes or other fruit, honey etc) will need to be paid long before any batch is ready to be sold. Then there is the marketing if you are an unknown wine maker. Strikes me that opening a winery requires a really good business plan with a great deal of money in the bank to act as a cushion for a year or two. Hard to imagine that opening a winery will enable you to "forget about everything". Of course, I could be very wrong. I hope so.

Hi Evonne, welcome to WMT, Enjoy and good luck!

Latest posts

Back