Hey there from De

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepingchick

**Domestic Goddess**
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi, i lurked a bit a long time ago when we first got our kits, then prompty lost my info and book mark (D'OH) well i found it all today! YAY ME! just in time to make wine over spring break!

Ive made a few batches, the first was an apple and was AWSOME!
i just bottled a mussette kit that is not very nice..ill blame the kit (right? right!)

and ive bottle a peach that will have to wait to be tasted as its aging, tho i dont think its gonna be sweet enough... might make a good peach sangria base tho.

Ive got a cranberry in the carboy waiting to be bottled....need to check that this weekend n see if its cleared up yet. hope that turns out ok as i got bored one day , saw in the store had tons of cranberrys, grabed up loads of sugar and checked out....the cashier thought i was nuts as all i had was berrys and sugar! and TONS of it to boot but it was a riot to watch her face! i saw i had oranges in my fridge so i jucied a few of those , and then boiled a few cinamon sticks and threw that in as well!! cant remember what yeast i used, its been to long LOL! when i last tasted it, it was bangin but i wish i had used a recipie being such a beginer!!! oh well thats what hapens when i get bored!!

anyways ill stop buggin ya!

Jeepingchick, welcome to the forum and do not worry about buggin anybody. It sounds like you have been busy. I hope it all turns out well. As to the peach, it can be sweetened later. Ask first as it is not just a matter on dumping in some sugar. Any problems, just ask and someone here will have the answers. Just be careful about lurking. Only I can lurk. :h

LOL Lurker!! im not normally a lurker, i love to talk........um.....er.....type? LOL
i just dont wanna ask stupid questions so im purusing the board to make sure i cant read the answer before i ask!

think my next batch will be blueberry!! maybe blackberry, i can t remember what concentrate i grabbed LMAO!

Hello Jeepingchick

Welcome and good luck in your wine making experiences.

Jeeping, dont be afraid to ask as thats why we are here!! We want to help you make better wine. i know this isnt like other forums where you get bashed for not knowing what yout doing. If the wine aint seeet enough then you just add sulfite and sorbate when the wine is done fermenting and then make a simple syrup and add that to your stable wine. You can also make a fruit flavor pack if it needs more flavor.

Jeeping, dont be afraid to ask as thats why we are here!! We want to help you make better wine. i know this isnt like other forums where you get bashed for not knowing what yout doing. If the wine aint seeet enough then you just add sulfite and sorbate when the wine is done fermenting and then make a simple syrup and add that to your stable wine. You can also make a fruit flavor pack if it needs more flavor.

sounds great to me!! bashing is bad, but all the constructive advise i can get is get! im a girl but i aint gonna run n cry if you tell me im doing it wrong :) all i want is great wine to drink! am also trying my hand at beer :)

did a batch of cider and it tasted good, but had no fizz :( was so disapointed!!! have no clue what i did wrong, followed all the directions, but thats not our only batch to be fizzless, maybe its our well water? or maybe the sanitizer is not rinsing clean?? who knows.....

Welcome!
I'm not that far from you in NJ.
Ask away

Welcome Jepp. Lots of ladies in here who enjoy making there own wine and beer so don't feel like you are by yourself on that one. And it's true, Richard is the chief Lurker, you'll now have to be another active member. This forum isn't big enough for two lurkers. So pull up a stool and lets talk about making wine.

Troy

This forum isn't big enough for two lurkers. So pull up a stool and lets talk about making wine.

Troy

you will regret making me talk, cuz i dont hardly shut up!! HAHAHHAAA......ok thats a lie, a girls gotta sleep sometime ;)

Theres a recipe in here for an orange mead that uses honey instead of sugar. I haven't made it myself but its JAOM. They say its great.

There are no rules on ingredients in here. There are proper ways and procedures to follow though for the best success. We have all heard of some real strange wines in here, some way stranger than others. noone will ever fault you for being creative.

We will however fault you if you do something you are unsure of and mess it up before you ask.

And we will only yell at you after midnight, so if YOU ARE going to do something wrong do it before midnight. LOL

Troy

oh my goodness, yell away after midnight, ill be alseep anyways!! LOL im to old for all that stayin up ;)

Try Alaska in the middle of summer when the sun is shining high in the sky at 2AM, no sleeping, just a lot of yelling at the newbies!! LMAO.

Troy

Troy,
Do you have "cabin fever"? Or, is it lack of SUN...LOL !

Try Alaska in the middle of summer when the sun is shining high in the sky at 2AM, no sleeping, just a lot of yelling at the newbies!! LMAO.

Troy

ummmmm, spray paint the windows black, and drink your wine untill you pass out!........ sorry thats all i got LOL!

Because of other cicumstances this year I got a bit of cabin fever, but I deal with it pretty well. Some of these people flat out lose it come around January. I have a happy light now http://arcticsid.blogspot.com/2010/03/happy-light.html I don't pass out, I run out of wine.

I am the only one in here who has made over 30 batches of wine and never seen a cork! LOL. Still have 17 cases of empty bottles in storage burning a hole in the floor!

Troy

I think tanning lights emit a different spectrum. These are suppose to mimick true sunlight so I would think you can. Ask me again next January.

Pretty cool lights though. I am hoping to replace all my bulbs with this full spectrum lighs next year. They do make a difference.

I explained it further in my blog entry. There really is something to be said about them, they are proven to work.

Welcome abord JeepingChick. These guys are a riot and they know a bit about wine too! ;)

Latest posts

Back