Hey there from De

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XAN, thanks for your support but it looks like it is Richard who has broken out the 50, and I don't mean millileters. I always knew there was something suspicious about these "lurking" chaps.

Be careful where you point that thing Richard! You are liable to shoot your eye out !!! LOL

Troy

Last edited:
Troy, I dont think those lights are good for yor win e though so keep a shirt over your carboy or a box with a hole cut out for the airlock!

Troy, I don't think those lights are good for your wine though so keep a shirt over your carboy or a box with a hole cut out for the airlock!

Very true. I've got beach towels wrapped around all my carboys. I'll need to find something else next month when I got to Ocean City, MD.
Troy, what's your current method of protecting your wine from light? Besides the 6 months of darkness...

I keep them covered anyways. I don't really know much about hese lights yet. Well, I know about them, but it is too late in the winter now to know exactly how they work, not just on wine, but on the whole human pysciology as a whole. The whole SAD thing is quite interesting though. I guarantee you there are those here who flippin lose it due to the light deprevation.

Thanks for the heads up on the wine though. I alrady knew it was best to keep it in the dark.

Troy

Very true. I've got beach towels wrapped around all my carboys. I'll need to find something else next month when I got to Ocean City, MD.
Troy, what's your current method of protecting your wine from light? Besides the 6 months of darkness...

LMAO..Troy doesn't have to worry much about his wine being protected much from light. My bet is withing 6 weeks of the secondary, its drunk! :sm Betting he has the longest straw you ever saw from his carboy to his couch.

LMAO..Troy doesn't have to worry much about his wine being protected much from light. My bet is withing 6 weeks of the secondary, its drunk! :sm Betting he has the longest straw you ever saw from his carboy to his couch.

PIX PIX I would love to see "his" straw :slp... LOL :sm

OMG to funny!!! i want that straw wudda been handy when we made the apple wine ;) i think ill get one of those happy lights for my mom for chrissy next year, she has S.A.D.and doesnt like to leave her house at all....cant imagine her in Al!!! she woud be one of the ones with the lost mind!!!(ok honestly she lost her mind years ago when i turned 15!! :) )

Latest posts

Back