Other hey Joe!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mismost

Reaction score
got a batch of California Trinity White that I am not impressed with right now. I have Myers Lemon and a Cutie Orange extracts that I think would add that extra something.

Got a rough guideline on how much to start out adding? Have half a pint of the Myers left, the rest went into some pretty dang good LemonCello. Got a pint of the Cutie Orange...so a pint a half total.

I would think I could drop it all and not really hurt anything. But I do plan to bottle some straight up just to taste the extract effect or lack there of...

bench trials are always the best attack for additives. I would start with 100ml samples and add 1 ml at a time of either extract to determine best mix.

bench trials are always the best attack for additives. I would start with 100ml samples and add 1 ml at a time of either extract to determine best mix.

I knew you were gonna say that! I'm more of an instinct shooter and hate lab experiments.

Think I'll split the difference with y'all. Bottle some straight, some with a liquid oak, some with extract....heck now it's started to sound like a lab trial :h:h

tried some chilled and it had some time to breathe last night...better than the earlier taste...had a kinda spice note in to it like a Gurwurstaminer (I can't say it or spell it!) Part of me says just leave it alone!

Sometime more is less with using extracts if you're making a cello straight up is better when using as a wine enhancement less is more.hav fun..

Sometime more is less with using extracts if you're making a cello straight up is better when using as a wine enhancement less is more.hav fun..

The extracts wound up getting mixed together with my wife's help...she was helping...can't undo it...no biggie. So two gallons got a 1/2 pint of lemon orange extract. Perked it right up too, brightened the flavor...but does not taste like lemons or oranges.

The other three gallons got the Dual Smooth liquid oak....we like that one too!

Back