Hey from Katikati Bay of Plenty New Zealand.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foodyguy

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,
just wanted to say hi, I found this site while looking for grapefruit wine recipes as my trees are rather full at the mo and there are only so many u can eat for breakfast!

I am originally from Wales UK and from there I moved to Portland Oregon and from there to here-where things are so much more relaxed!

Looking forward to trying out my wines along with new ones down under!:dg

Welcome to Wine Making Talk.
When you have a few minutes please check out The Map and add a marker for yourself if you like.

Foodyguy, first off welcome to the forum. We are glad you found us as there is a lot of knowledgeable winemakers here. Now as far as N.Z. goes, well be careful as we know there are a few wild women over there that frequent this site. LOL

You shouldn't talk about Collete and WaWa like that.... they'll gang up on you Dan!

Hello and welcome foodyguy, what part of Wales? I'm originally from Cardigan via Adelaide to NZ myself.

I've placed a recipe for grapefruit up in the recipe section that works well btw.

Allie

Welcome foodyguy to a very friendly forum. I stayed for a bit near KeriKeri, Bay of Islands a couple of years ago and I can say you have a beautiful country there. Too bad it's so far away!!

Welcome Foodguy, Id bet the "Skeeter Pee" recipe would work well with grapefruits!

Hi St Allie,
Cardigan,, love the place, when young we used to holiday in New Quay so not far away!
than you for the warm welcome and for posting the recipe. I had actually found an old book with a recipe in it so I have made a start, I shall let you know and if ok will post the recipe.
Cheers Foodyguy!

thanx all for the warm reply,
I used the search facility here to find "the map" but it couldnt find it, so any hints?
thanx so much, Foodyguy!

Yep I have been described as wild in the past, but only in a good way!!!
Hey Foody, use Allies recipie, it's basically the same as mine and it's divine!
Good luck

welcome foody! keep us updated on the grapefruit recipe. i may try that next for my hubby! he loves grapefruits and i've been searching for a wine that he will like!

Welcome Foody. Wade has a good idea...grapefruit Skeeter Pee. My ancestors are from Wales. i have always wanted to visit but haven't had to opportunity.

Sure, will do, the graepfruit we have here are a cross between grapefruit and orange so differant to anything I have had in the UK. I put the wine into demijons yesterday so as and when I get an outcome I will let u know and post the recipe used.:hh

You down-unders in New Z. sure can grow some super Pinot Noir.
If I were there, I'd be trying to buy a couple hundred pounds of it come fall harvest, 2011.
Welcome!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back