Hey From Ireland

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toby

Junior
Reaction score
how do good people, thanks for having me.

I'm a wine curios homebrewer, mainly looking in to it to make the missus some wine.

Back in my early teens I make horrid 7 day wine to get a buzz on for next to nothing.
Now I'm looking to make some nice white for my better half, I'm only looking at kit brewing for now as first step anyways.

Again thanks for having me.

Welcome Toby! What kind of wine does she like?

Thanks for the warm welcomes, seems a nice bunch here

Welcome Toby! What kind of wine does she like?

She likes dry white with a hint of gooseberry, got any recommendations for kits of that nature?

Thanks for the warm welcomes, seems a nice bunch here

She likes dry white with a hint of gooseberry, got any recommendations for kits of that nature?

Sauvignon Blanc has been known to have gooseberry flavors. It's my daughter's favorite too.

This is from
http://winefolly.com/review/sauvignon-blanc-wine-taste-food-pairing/

"The primary fruit flavors of Sauvignon Blanc are lime, green apple, passion fruit and white peach. Depending on how ripe the grapes are when the wine is made, the flavor will range from zesty lime to flowery peach. What makes Sauvignon Blanc unique from other white wines are its other herbaceous flavors like bell pepper, jalapeño, gooseberry and grass. These flavors come from aromatic compounds called pyrazines and are the secret to Sauvignon Blanc’s taste."

Thanks a bunch Ron much appreciated, I'm off to research Sauvignon Blanc kits.
Cheers again pal

Thanks a bunch Ron much appreciated, I'm off to research Sauvignon Blanc kits.
Cheers again pal

Good luck to you!
Hope you find just what you're looking for. Keep us posted on what you decide to make and the progress.:h

Latest posts

Back