Hey Forum: THANK YOU!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I owe this Forum a big ol' Holiday 'Thank You'. Over a month ago I posted a question about saving a neglected batch of bacteria ridden family red (Muscat:Alconte 2:1) due to many factors.
With the advice I received and questions throughout the process, I was able to successfully save the wine and will now be able to enjoy over the holidays. As well as give out to family and friends which is just as gratifying.
From basic questions to very detailed and specific, I was not able to do it without this Forums help.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1480646859.270986.jpg
The 'flowers of wine' that had me thinking she was drain bound.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1480646894.905477.jpg
With advice, hit with sulphites, racked, and filtered through new plate filter into smaller carboys. And topped off with similar wine.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1480646928.428307.jpg
Started last September with 15 ga. Stole a couple over the summer. Lost some to the bacteria and racking. Ended up with 10 ga.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1480646289.825963.jpg
Posted a question about the filtering taking the deep red away and leaving me with the clearest family red ever made. Almost looked too clear.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1480646430.110094.jpg
Looked similar to a Rosè. Slightly darker.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1480646741.704863.jpg
Just sampled and couldn't be happier. Ready to rack and bottle and enjoy over the holidays. Thank you everyone. Looking forward to the next go-round. Possibly Chilean juice for the 1st time when available in March/April I think, or pop my "wine kit" cherry since I haven't done that yet either.
Either way I know when that time comes I'll be getting some good advice.

AJ

Hope you kept careful notes. You may need to dispense advice one day! Not to worry about the lighter color since "you do close your eyes when you kiss the glass don't you??".:db
BTW, many have had great experience with Chilean juices. Sauvignon Blanc and Malbec are usually tops

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back