He's done it again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crushday

grape juice artisan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just enjoyed one of the two bottles of 2020 Merlot Blend I have from @NorCal's K&K Winery. Here are my impressions:

2020 K&K Merlot Blend

Body: Medium to full.
Tannin: Low to medium low.
Acidity: Medium (Petit Verdot).
Aroma: Black and red fruits infused with bell pepper (Cab Franc).
Color: Rich plum provided by the Petit Verdot. It’s beautiful.
Taste: Approachable and pleasing. A daily drinker that stands alone or stands along side a rich pasta or thick red protein. I’m going to try this wine with grilled Bison.

Commentary: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc form an amazing partnership. Merlot brings body, texture and mellowness which fleshes out the tannic backbone of Cabernet Sauvignon and softens its harsh acidity. Cabernet Franc, the father of the Cab Sauv, provides order, discipline and an infusion of favor to the mid palate. For me the only measurable contribution of the Verdot is the color. Knowing @NorCal’s style and preferences, the Verdot percentage plays a single digit role in the bottle.

@NorCal has made a meaningful blend that in many respects is greater than the sum of it parts that is sure to age extremely well and undoubtedly develop great complexity. Too bad I enjoyed this one too soon and only have one more bottle!

IMG_2503.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back