Here we go!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you had a good result, If you can be patient and not touch it for a couple months it will be even better. There's a thing called bottle shock which will occur with your wine over the next few weeks. It will make your wine taste more disjointed and less smooth. I learned this the hard way. I Made a cheap Chennin Blanc kit and slammed all the bottles in the first 40 days, thinking they were good immediatly after bottling. I kept one around for an extra 4 months. Cracked it the other day and it was light years better..... Really made me annoyed that I had drank the rest when it wasn't at it's best.

Something else I just learned. Thanks!

Rick glad it turned out well for you. Dave is right, it will only keep getting better with time.
YAY!
6.5 gallon kit??? Ive never seen a 6.5 gallon kit!!!
Yeah I think I might have posted that wrong. I'll have to go back and check the info that came with it.

You may be thinking about the carboy being close to 6.5 gallons and added enough of something else to top it up with.

More than likely! I get confused easily...... Well at least my wife tells me I do. :w

Latest posts

Back