Help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abdullah

Junior
Reaction score
Good night
I started making good wine, but there is a problem which is the sediment at the bottom of the bottle, I am looking for a wine filter device after putting it in the bottle, the price will be appropriate, because I searched in Amazon but my English is not good and my experience is modest, please help me to find a good price filter
Then another question, what is the solution when the taste of wine changes after opening the bottle for a long time
thank you very much

The gunk on the bottom of a bottle will quickly plug a filter. If you want to filter one bottle a paper coffee filter will give a visually clean wine.
for wine with sediment in a bottle I will 1) take a 50cc syringe with 1/8 inch tube and pull it off, or 2) take a vacuum pump and suck it into a clean bottle,
but there is a problem which is the sediment at the bottom of the bottle, I am looking for a wine filter device after putting it in the bottle,
Then another question, what is the solution when the taste of wine changes after opening the bottle for a long time
Flavor? The normal problem is oxidation. There is a small hand held vacuum pump/ rubber cork system. Search “Vacuvin”

I agree with the paper filter idea. You could also carefully decant your wine.

not much you can do about wine oxidizing in an open bottle(except drink faster). Though I do sometimes open a 750ml bottle and pour into a swing top beer bottle to the very top. The wine in the swing top bottle will last a week or more without oxidizing. Then I just enjoy the remaining part of the open bottle. This effectively allows you to enjoy half bottles, or splits, at your leisure.

there is also a device called a Coravin, which you can use to dispense any amount out of a bottle without opening it. Allegedly the remaining wine will last for years as if the bottle was never opened. I would never have bought one, but was given one as a gift and I will say it seems to work as advertised.

Jbo

Back