Help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jase711

Junior
Reaction score
I racked my watermelon wine for the first time 2 weeks ago and bubbling slow every 2 to three minutes and has a white sediment on bottom. is this typical of watermelon wine cause my grape did not have it.?

WELCOME !
Sounds like its clearing
What was the gravity when you racked it and what is it now?
Can you share the recipe?

specific gravity was 1.080 and now is 1.000 smells slightly sour i think it went bad. does anybody have recipe for ice wine grape? my son wants to try to make it and cant find recipe anywhere thanks for all of your help

You can buy Ice wine kits or you can get fresh juice and boost the sg up very high and use a yeast that will not tolerate much abv resulting in a very sweet wine left over. What do you have available to you abd which way you want to go about this is up to you so ypoull have to tell us.

specific gravity was 1.080 and now is 1.000 smells slightly sour i think it went bad. does anybody have recipe for ice wine grape? my son wants to try to make it and cant find recipe anywhere thanks for all of your help

Everything look normal so far Patience you can't rush winemaking.

Latest posts

Back