Help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzmeister

Reaction score
Hi all I am currently making a wine kit wine expert vintners reserve vallpallicello it is in the secondary fermentation stage day 6 and when I got home from work I noticed a white residue on the inside of the carboy in the void area between the top of the wine and the bottom of the stopper has anyone ever encountered this?

Do you use a NO-Rinse cleaner such as B-Brite or similar? I dont hink its much to worry about, just wipe it off with a sanitized towel or paper towel.

I understand but if you used a no rinse cleaner this stuff can build up and anacidic juice can break it down and suspend it. Its probabl just the froth of a healthy fermentation that has settled down a little though.

Wade I cleaned the carboy, before I racked it with a clorinated detergent, rinsed with tap water, and then added some sodium metabisulphite, swished it around, and rinsed with tap water, three times and racked from my primary into the carboy.

Back