Other Help with youngs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skodas

Junior
Reaction score
First time ive posted so be nice

i bought a 30 bottle 7 day youngs brewing kit and followed the instructions exactly the problem is the wine isnt clearing im now on 3 days after it said it would and yet still cloudy.

Anyone got any ideas of what to do or can i put more finnings in to clear it.

im new to wine makeing so i dont know much

Welcome to the forum Skod. Sorry I can't answer your question. I don't know anything about kits, but I was intrigued by a 7 day kit.

There are many members in here who are familiar with kits, it is early, but am sure someone may be able to advise you.

I am curious to see what they say and to learn more of this 7 day kit. Most wines aren't even done fermenting in 7 days.

Hang in there. We'll see what we can do to help you out.

Troy

Last edited:
First post or thousandth post, what I've seen here are nice people.

Not familiar with your kit manufacturer but if it's still cloudy after the instructions say it should be clear then my first thought would be that you didn't degas enough and there is still too much co2 holding particles in suspension.

Did the kit specify methods of degassing (generally stirring vigorously multiple times over multiple days BEFORE adding the clarifyer?

Also, you state 7 day kit. Was that correct?

yes its a youngs wine buddy 7 day kit

after i added each finnings there was 4 in total i give it a really good stir as instucted

once fermentation is complete add stabiliser stir and leave for 1 min then add finings 1 stir for 10 seconds leave for an hour add finings 2 stir for 10 seconds and leave for an hour then add finings 3 stir for 10 seconds and leave for 24 hours

Last edited:
Green I posted a link to their site. Look under Skods first post. I am curious too! The site says this stuff is ready to DRINK, in 7 days.

Intriging for sure.

I appolagize. I was mistaken and have edited my original post. Is there any website listed on the packaging for the original manufacturer of this kit? I couldn't seem to find it with a quick searc. I am not interested enough to go any further, but am sure interested in the whole 7 day idea, although it may not be available here in the US.

Good luck all the same. Will be following this post.

Troy

I looked again SKOD. Found plenty of sites that advertised this kit for sale but it might help if you could come up with the manufacturers website. Maybe not. Theres a chance someone in here is familiar with this brand. We have several members from the UK, and other parts of the world so don't despair.

thanks for all the help ive sorted it now al i did was steer it agen mixed all the sediment up and left it 3 days and its now clear

i enjoyed a few bottles of it last night and its very good

In my experience, which is not great, but my Nephew does a super home made wine, the secret of a clear wine is the degassing. He decants one bin into another about 6 times, if you don't do it that way stir and agitate for about 10 minutes every couple of hours until you don't get any froth on top.

In my experience, which is not great, but my Nephew does a super home made wine, the secret of a clear wine is the degassing. He decants one bin into another about 6 times, if you don't do it that way stir and agitate for about 10 minutes every couple of hours until you don't get any froth on top.

Madchef, degassing is a big part of clearing a wine. So is aging it properly. I would be concerned though racking a wine six times in a row and introducing all of the oxygen. Splash racking with a vacuum pump would be a safer solution with the same results. Thanks for sharing though as you are right, degassing is essential for clear wine.

Back