help with small vineyard in central New Jersey.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmanto

Reaction score
... struggling a bit with finding qualified but affordable help with spraying vineyard 2x per month (about 1400 . plants / 1acres) - Montgomery NJ..near Rocky Hill / Route 518 area --.. any help is appreciated.
Also... we are anticipating another bird issue this year...any suggestions on how to protect grapes from birds other than using nets (high pitch noise/ scarecrow/ other?

Thanks
Mark[/QUOTE]

Hi Mark,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Did you contact your local VoAg Dept? The might know of someone in your area.

Gman, at 500 hz-10k hz and over 100 db that Bird Gaurd should be extremely audible to humans too right, does the cone shaped sound profile really make it not a noise problem or is distressed bird sounds really not that ear piercing. Im just wondering are my neighbors right across the street gonna call the man on me.

Yes, they are heard by humans and it makes it sounds like a jungle at times. They can be set to play or not play during the night and only come on for about 15 seconds every 5-15 minutes. Do the neighbors call the cops on native birds? The sounds are similar to birds.

Hello...looking for a company which produce high quality wine cork screws for low cost..

We are looking for a windows or android app which can map my vineyard to track plant type, state of vigor, growth and if diseased.....any help is appreciated...
Mark

Back