Help Wanterd with a Slightly Sparkling Cranberry Lime Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhopkins

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have made near 20 batches of wine, but none of them sparkling.

I have a cranberry/lime wine that is ready to bottle; a 2.5-gallon batch. It has a nice flavor dry, without any back sweetening. Most who have tasted think it might benefit from some additional effervescence. I am not after a full blown sparkling wine; something more subtle than that. Slightly sparkling. I find terms like frizzante and pétillant naturel that describe what I think I am after.

The wine was made with
1. 1 can Vintner’s Harvest Cranberry Puree - 49 oz can is supposed to make a 2.5 gal batch
2. 1 bottle (15 oz) 100% Lime Juice
3. 15 cups white granulated sugar

For stabilizing used Potassium Metabisulfite and Potassium Sorbate
Degassed
For clearing used DUALFINE (Kieselsol and Chitosan)

In light of the above, I don't think simply adding a bit of priming sugar is going to do the trick.

Finally, I think I want to keep about half the batch or so as is, and experiment with the rest.

So, what methods have you tried that produce a slightly sparkling fruit wine?

Any help appreciated,
Mark

since you have added sorbate to this batch, sparkling wine of any sort is out of the question, as you have killed off any yeast for carbonation. a simple way to make a sparkling wine is to clarify the wine do not add K-meta or sorbate. take 60 grams of sugar for one gallon. boil the sugar with water once cooled mix for two minutes with wine and then bottle..use bottle that are rated for carbonation such as beer bottle or champagne bottle. you can bottle cap the bottle or use plastic corks with wire down for champagne bottles. if carbonation to high reduce sugar. 60 grams gives four atmosphere of co2 each 15 grams is one atmosphere.good luck

., what methods have you tried that produce a slightly sparkling fruit wine?

Any help appreciated,
Mark

You could use a kegging system like making beer. Force carbonate it and enjoy. I do this with my sparkling wines.

You can either dispense from the keg directly or use a counter pressure filler to bottle the wine

Latest posts

Back