Mosti Mondiale Help - Summer Breeze

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traveler

Junior
Reaction score
Well my 7th kit since I started this great hobby, and I have experienced no problems... until today that is! :slp. Before I started I my latest kit (Summer Breeze, Black Berry/Cherry Pinot Noir) I read the directions thoroughly, or so I thought!

It was different from other kits I have made, in that it had two metallic bags rather than one. I had not seen in the kit where to add the extra bag, so I added them both right at the start! Today checking things off as I went along, I read add second bag now, or words to that effect, oops! So what am I going to end up with? All readings as I went along were ok. Now it is sitting in the carboy for the next 1O days or so. So again, what do you suppose I am going to end up with? :? Or is this a lost cause:? Anybody?

Haven't made a Summer Breeze kit but this would be a cooler wine which means the second smaller bag was an F-Pack, which adds fruit taste and sweetens the wine, and this is added after stabilization. Since you added it at the beginning, your wine will now have a higher alcohol content but will not be sweet.
You have some choices - leave it as is; add some sugar by making a simple syrup to sweeten it ( backsweetening) or contact your LHBS about getting another F-pack and adding it to your wine. If you want to get the fruit taste, another F-pack would be the way to go.

Thanks for the advice Dugger. I am going with a conditioner before bottling. I also called my supplier and she said the way to go would be a conditioner. The wine will probably be stronger as you indicated, but still should have the fruit taste. As long as it is drinkable I say.

Your kit should have come with a packet of sorbate and a packet of sulfite. Make sure you add both these packets before sweetening with conditioner.

Latest posts

Back