Quantcast

Help selecting italian juice

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Cibb

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
So a local supplier will have italian juice buckets. I'm heavily stocked on red right now but italian reds are a new frontier.

I'd like to try some whites but I'm not sure what to pick there as well.

My wife and I like most chardonnay wines not heavily oaked or unoaked, traminet, viognier, gewurztraminer, moscato and off dry rieslings.

Of the whites listed any suggestions there as well?

Cibb

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
So a local supplier will have italian juice buckets. I'm heavily stocked on red right now but italian reds are a new frontier.

I'd like to try some whites but I'm not sure what to pick there as well.

My wife and I like most chardonnay wines not heavily oaked or unoaked, traminet, viognier, gewurztraminer, moscato and off dry rieslings.

Of the whites listed any suggestions there as well?
See pic20180814_213033.jpeg

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
I'd go w/ a Pinot Grigio or Vermentino. If you're looking off dry, maybe a Frascati.

Cibb

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
You feel the vermentino would be preferable over the Tuscan Rosso? Or would it be more advisable to get a Sang and Merlot to blend my own Super Tuscan?

I've read a Barolo can take 5+ years to come around. That's my only reason for not doing it as that's a very long time for a wine to come around that we may not care for.

Boatboy24

Reaction score
Sorry - I was focused on the white wines. Barolo may take 5 years, but I would think a Barolo from a juice bucket would be quicker. And probably not what you were expecting. On the red side, (for a juice bucket), I'd lean toward Valpolicella, but that's just my taste. If we were talking grapes, I'd probably choose differently.

Cibb

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I like a nice bold red. I like the Meritage and Bordeaux blends. So I was curious about the Barolo but the time on it seems excessive to come around.

I'll take a closer look tonight.

Boatboy24

Reaction score
The juice bucket reds are a little thinner and lighter, IMHO, regardless of the varietal.

Cibb

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
The juice bucket reds are a little thinner and lighter, IMHO, regardless of the varietal.
Last year I got an allgrape pack and added to my juice buckets. I'm very pleased with how those turned out.

I LOVE my merlot old vine zin blend came out.

Latest posts