Help selecting italian juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cibb

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So a local supplier will have italian juice buckets. I'm heavily stocked on red right now but italian reds are a new frontier.

I'd like to try some whites but I'm not sure what to pick there as well.

My wife and I like most chardonnay wines not heavily oaked or unoaked, traminet, viognier, gewurztraminer, moscato and off dry rieslings.

Of the whites listed any suggestions there as well?

So a local supplier will have italian juice buckets. I'm heavily stocked on red right now but italian reds are a new frontier.

I'd like to try some whites but I'm not sure what to pick there as well.

My wife and I like most chardonnay wines not heavily oaked or unoaked, traminet, viognier, gewurztraminer, moscato and off dry rieslings.

Of the whites listed any suggestions there as well?
See pic20180814_213033.jpeg

I'd go w/ a Pinot Grigio or Vermentino. If you're looking off dry, maybe a Frascati.

You feel the vermentino would be preferable over the Tuscan Rosso? Or would it be more advisable to get a Sang and Merlot to blend my own Super Tuscan?

I've read a Barolo can take 5+ years to come around. That's my only reason for not doing it as that's a very long time for a wine to come around that we may not care for.

Sorry - I was focused on the white wines. Barolo may take 5 years, but I would think a Barolo from a juice bucket would be quicker. And probably not what you were expecting. On the red side, (for a juice bucket), I'd lean toward Valpolicella, but that's just my taste. If we were talking grapes, I'd probably choose differently.

I like a nice bold red. I like the Meritage and Bordeaux blends. So I was curious about the Barolo but the time on it seems excessive to come around.

I'll take a closer look tonight.

The juice bucket reds are a little thinner and lighter, IMHO, regardless of the varietal.

Latest posts

Back