Help Please!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey

Junior
Reaction score
I've tried uscuccessfully twice to post in the Fruit Wines area. The post is 382 words long and does not contain any special formatting.
I guess my questions are:
Am I authorized to post there? Why not?
or, what do I have to do to qualify
Am I doing something wrong? What?
Is my post too long? What are the limits?

:a1 Casey

I've tried uscuccessfully twice to post in the Fruit Wines area. The post is 382 words long and does not contain any special formatting.
I guess my questions are:
Am I authorized to post there? Why not?
or, what do I have to do to qualify
Am I doing something wrong? What?
Is my post too long? What are the limits?

:a1 Casey
Well, THIS one worked for you. Just to let you know. I did notice, when replying, that your message above does have some strange indenting going on. If you have been using the tab key, that might explain why it looked different to me. The message board left-justifies everything.
Did you get any kind of error message when you hit the "post" button?

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply. In addition to dropping tabs, the board also deletes leading spaces.
. I'll see how this works. I hate not being able to make paragraphs. Maybe double space works better.

. I'm really puzzling over the problems posting/creating a new thread in the Fruit Wines area. Especially when I can go elsewhere and do fine.

What error message was you getting? Did your post have a URL in it? We have SPAM Moderation controls that are in effect until you reach 10 posts. If you have a URL or certain keywords in a post it will not allow it. We had to implement these controls to combat intrusive spam.

Another option for you, with a long post, is to use an off-line text editor (Notepad, NoteTAB, MS Word, etc), then cut and paste into the message box on the board.

Try 1 more time but this time copy it and if it doesnt go through PM me with it by pasting it into the pm so you wontn have to write it again.

Smurfe: No error message at all. The post just goes away. No URL imbedded.

OP: You just described what I did the second time...with the same results.

Wade: on the way, over.....

Hi, thanks for the reply. In addition to dropping tabs, the board also deletes leading spaces.
. I'll see how this works. I hate not being able to make paragraphs. Maybe double space works better.

. I'm really puzzling over the problems posting/creating a new thread in the Fruit Wines area. Especially when I can go elsewhere and do fine.

You won't leave us ever..We are the best, most polite and honest wine forum on the web presently.

( flicks her hair determinedly..)

Allie

Casey, I stand by this forum. Please be xplicit on the problem! We have all posted long threads, threads with quotes, threads with large photos and attachments, give the admin a second to sort out the problem. We are glad to have you amongst us and appreciate your patience.

We want to hear what you have to say and are looking forward to sharing what we can send back your way!!

Troy

Have just double checked your settings Casey, nothing is out of place that I can see.

Wade , Steve? can you have another look for me.. in case I am missing something?

Allie

Sorry Allie, what I meant by elsewhere was like other topics on this forum -- not elsewhere like run away. I don't give up that easy. Look at what I'm doing with the pomegranate.

To All: by now you've noticed my post about pomegranate wine. (Thanks Smurfe for the comment about ferment time and temp.) It is still a mystery what happened since this post is exactly the same as the first two attempts.

I figured out the other day that if I planted just one acre of my 2-1/2 in grapes and I was only one fourth as productive as the average winery in Napa, I could put away about 1,000 bottles per year.

Casey Wilson

Freelance Writer
and Photographer

President,
California Writers Club
www.calwriters.org

Casey, whats a pomegranate? No, I joke!!!! I hope the admin was able to figure out the problems you were having with your posts! Glad to have you on board, hope the initial difficulties don't scare you away.

So...what was your question again? LOL

Troy M. Sauve
:tz:db

Latest posts

Back