Help !! Please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaDzWinery

Reaction score
I just started a batch of welch's grape, Btw I am using actual juice not the canned concentrate... But i have a quick question, i mixed it yesterday (5 gallons) wanted to do 6gal, cause that's the size carboy i got... ran out of sugar and campden tablets.. added the yeast ealier today, now i have more of the camden and the sugar.. and ofcourse the rest of the ingredients... can i add another 1gal recipe to the 5 gal batch, even though i've already sprinkled my yeast ? cause i am sure i will have to mix the batch up again.. i have more yeast to sprinkle on top.. just need to know pretty quick so i can put it in if i can.. thanks :d

Suppose you already did whatever it was you did, but adding it in would not hurt anything. Even at this point, if you did nothing so far, adding an additional gallon to the fermentation, assuming the same pH and brix level as when you started, you should be ok.

you should be able to add it with no problem at all if you just started it only thing is you'll need to get that extra gallon to the same SG as the other was when you first started and then add it and it'll be fine or should.

Thanks ... I ended up adding it, And all is going well... already settled at 0998.. been there since last night.. and airloc is bubbly maybe every 30-40 seconds..

Don't worry about the camden tab if you already added yeast or you'll stick your ferment.

Don't worry about the camden tab if you already added yeast or you'll stick your ferment.
Learnt that the hard way.. lol .. that's exactly what happened.. Just added a new pack the next day and she kicked back up...

Back