Help Needed

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weltercat

Junior
Reaction score
I have been making wine a little over a year. I have had good results with my blackberry, plum, apple, dandelion and mead but I have a question for anyone who may be able to answer or point me somewhere I can research it further.

I Just bottled some blackberry wine that I had started back in July and it tasted great. I drank about half a bottle Saturday because it was so good. My wife had a couple glasses as well.

I came down violently ill that night and I thought it might be the wine. My wife was fine and she suggested that it was most likely the Holiday pot luck I ate on the day prior at work since the wine did not bother her. I am sure it was the food and not the wine but I want to be positive. I don't want to throw out the wine unnecessarily because it turned out very good. I cannot find much info concerning bad home brew but I did google something about diacetyl being produced and possibly making people sick. Does anyone know anything.

I've never heard of anything like that...suggest taking your wife's advice.

I haven't heard of this happening before. Perhaps it was the food. Your wife drank the wine and did not get sick. Did she eat the pot luck as well and not get sick?

I haven't heard of this happening before. Perhaps it was the food. Your wife drank the wine and did not get sick. Did she eat the pot luck as well and not get sick?
It was definitely the potluck. Several people came down very sick from it and I have been drinking the wine since with no problems at all.

Latest posts

Back