Help, my strawberry fermentation stopped

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony moree

Junior
Reaction score
About 5 days ago I started strawberry, it was doing great. I started getting the crust on top about 2 days in. Stirred it every day. Yesterday it just quit.. now it looks flat and the hydro is below any reading. It called for yeast, nutrient, and 2 lbs sugar. Anyone know what might have happened? It's in the bucket, in a room about 70 degrees. Thanks for any help

I made 5 gallons .. used about 19 to 20 lbs of strawberries. Used 1 packet of yeast.. even without the yeast shouldn't the fruit be able to ferment on it's own? I made a batch of blue berry and didnt even use yeast.. not sure if I should put another packet in or not.. thank you for the reply

Complete in 3 days? I did just notice the recipient called for 1 of everything and I was supposed to add more per gallon,which I didnt.. the recipient was for 1 gallon.. I was supposed to do 4 times more of the things on the recipie..think I should do that now after 3 days?

Complete in 3 days? I did just notice the recipient called for 1 of everything and I was supposed to add more per gallon,which I didnt.. the recipient was for 1 gallon.. I was supposed to do 4 times more of the things on the recipie..think I should do that now after 3 days?

As long as you didn't sulfite it yet you should be fine.

Thank you for the help, I'll add the rest tonight when I get home. I'm guessing the yeast will pick up again?

Here is the recipe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190719-115943_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190719-115943_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20190719-115943_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190719-115943_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back