Help me with ideas on Banana-Peach wine...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsfan

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So, I have never made wine before and I am about to make my first Wine Expert shiraz kit....but as I am doing that I also want to start a banana/peach wine.

I am hoping for some of you experienced folks to help me achieve my goals as I do have a few things that I am trying to accomplish.

So aside from just banana and peach, I also want to have a hint of vanilla flavor...and I also want to have a hint of brown sugar /molasses flavor. obviously I want the fruit to be forward...and I am looking for something that is sweet but not sickening sweet....and hopefully I will have a decent abv% but not rocket fuel by any means.

I have yet to see where someone used Vanilla extract in a wine, or brown sugar....so I am perplexed at how I get these flavors to come through in the wine.

So I thought you guys might have some ideas for me. I am wanting to make a 6gal. batch....so please help me come up with a plan/recipe to accomplish this goal! ;-)

Thank you,
Steve

Wow, you are jumping in head first with the peach/banana! Hopefully someone who has made something similar will come on here and give you some advice. Never have done peach yet. The only advice I would have would be on the vanilla....I would use a vanilla bean or two after fermentation in the secondary. good luck with it

have you ever thought of adding oak to your wine?
this adds a bit of vanilla-like flavour

Latest posts

Back