Help Me Make Strawberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You say that you made a strawberry/sugar flavoring liquid to add to your wine, did you add any sorbate to keep the yeast in your wine from fermenting the sugars you added with your flavoring liquid???? If not, you may see renewed fermentation or worse, it might not happen until your wine is bottled, we're not going to talk about that............

Come on John, tell us a story. LOL, Arne.

When I want to press the juice out of a fruit I always use panty hose. You can get them at the dollar store really cheap.

I use the microwave to heat fruit. It's easier all around.

You say that you made a strawberry/sugar flavoring liquid to add to your wine, did you add any sorbate to keep the yeast in your wine from fermenting the sugars you added with your flavoring liquid???? If not, you may see renewed fermentation or worse, it might not happen until your wine is bottled, we're not going to talk about that............

I intended it to ferment so it can clear out perfectly. The logic was, to have very little sugar to convert to alcohol and leave behind more flavor.

The wine is made. I haven't bottled it yet, letting it age in bulk. It is perfectly clear and has flavour. I stabilized it with K-Meta and K-Sorbate and then back sweetened it a little. However, the ever experimenting me made sure I did something to make the wine not good! In the primary, I added a tablet of multivitamin as nutrient after dissolving the sugar coating. Now, I have a perfect looking wine that has that yucky vitamin B odor!

Anything I can do about it? I guess not. I am going to leave it for at least 6 months and see if something changed :(

Rehydrate the bentonite 12 hours or so before hand. Use distilled water, a sterilized container and a little so2.

Latest posts

Back