Help me - I can't stop!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobF

Reaction score
Seems like every few days I'm starting something new! I can't stop!

Drinking:
none yet!
It's your signature that disturbs me !
Better get going !

LOL !

LOL - I'm working on it!

Looks like the black cherry/concord will be ready first. VERY tasty when I racked it. The watermelon is extremely clear now, but aging is always recommended for watermelon.

In another 3 or 4 months I should be able to start drinking. I have to keep things starting so I dont run out once the drinking starts!

Don't know where you live but, the California wine juice and grapes will be here (NJ) in a few weeks. Something to consider..

southcentral MO. Too far to drive for grapes ...

when you start making wine out of tea bags..

we'll stage an intervention!

Allie ;)

Just out of curiosity I did make a wine from tea bags!

Strong sun-tea plus yeast and sugar, and the regular goodies....

Fermented dry,

Backsweetened w/ Raspberry concentrate

Only had one bottle so far (2 months old) - it tasted like raspberry iced tea w/ a kick. Rather surprisingly good. And - it's cheap!

I know what you are talking about. Just when I thought I was getting better I started a watermellon batch so now there are 2 going in primaries at once. Not the actions of a reformed wine maker!!
:b Steve

Well, sounds like you are pretty well screwed so you might as well learn to live with it and just keep fermenting! :) Grape wise you might find Norton/Cynthiana grapes in your area. They make a fine wine. You might find Muscadines as well. If you get a chance with Norton's though, I would give it a shot. I have had some very fine Norton wines.

I know what you are talking about. Just when I thought I was getting better I started a watermellon batch so now there are 2 going in primaries at once. Not the actions of a reformed wine maker!!
:b Steve

That's funny. I just picked up more watermelons to start another batch!

Well, sounds like you are pretty well screwed so you might as well learn to live with it and just keep fermenting! :) Grape wise you might find Norton/Cynthiana grapes in your area. They make a fine wine. You might find Muscadines as well. If you get a chance with Norton's though, I would give it a shot. I have had some very fine Norton wines.

At some point, I'll prolly check out some of the native grapes around here. I figure if I want grape wine I can go buy a bottle :h

I've never been much of a wine drinker b/c I never came across a commercial wine I cared much for. My goal is to experiment, find a couple of recipes for daily consumption - but never stop experimenting!

when you start making wine out of tea bags..

we'll stage an intervention!

Allie ;)

Don't think I haven't thought about it! I really enjoy a well brewed, unsweetened iced tea.

Have you ever fermented sugar water to use as a base for lemonade and such? :d

Just out of curiosity I did make a wine from tea bags!

Strong sun-tea plus yeast and sugar, and the regular goodies....

Fermented dry,

Backsweetened w/ Raspberry concentrate

Only had one bottle so far (2 months old) - it tasted like raspberry iced tea w/ a kick. Rather surprisingly good. And - it's cheap!

I'm not much for foo-foo tea, but iced tea with a kick sounds like a winner.

[scurries off to search for another empty jug, sack of sugar and pack of yeast]

My goal is to experiment, find a couple of recipes for daily consumption - but never stop experimenting!

ours too. Missouri thing? :D that's how we started....now it's something else!

fyi, jalepeno is good, but it can get real hot. if you like to cook, it's great for marinading!

Last edited:
ours too. Missouri thing? :D that's how we started....now it's something else!

fyi, jalepeno is good, but it can get real hot. if you like to cook, it's great for marinading!

I'm not too far from you. An hour and a half or so south - I go to Swiss once a year for a supply of Brats.

How could you be in Hermann and not do wine? BTW, Tin Mill has an excellent dark brew ...

i had some tin mill friday, but i've only had the pilsner and the long b(?) german one. is that the one you are referring to? i like the pilsner, but i'm originally from STL area, so i'm partial to Budweiser.

if/ when we open, you could come out. we are less than 10 miles from Hermann.

BobF, yeah it can be a bit addictive - I've 21 running presently, all different.

BUT, I've also a hoard of empty fermenters that need to be put to work!
Have plans for them though; and even with all that hoard I still found this week I needed another. Slight volume problem. Can't win them all.

Honey, just give up and go with it. I have. It's an addiction, a child substitute, a way of life. Resistance is futile.

i had some tin mill friday, but i've only had the pilsner and the long b(?) german one. is that the one you are referring to? i like the pilsner, but i'm originally from STL area, so i'm partial to Budweiser.

if/ when we open, you could come out. we are less than 10 miles from Hermann.

Hey, I might just come to the grand opening!

Dopplebock is the one. Great draft, but I brought 2 cases home with me and they ended flat. They had just started bottling, so I think there might've been a kink.

Latest posts

Back