Help identifying a wine kit.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremys

Junior
Reaction score
I received 2 wine kits without instructions. I'm unable to locate any information regarding these kits using google. One is for Cherry, the other for Sherry. Has anyone seen these before? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20180819_112410.jpg
    20180819_112410.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
It is near impossible to find any information on this company.

What I've found: The address seems to check out- Google Images pulls up a generic warehouse where the manufacturing must have be done. Next to the Hindsgaul location (a mannequin maker) is an open garage location which appears to have a single barrel inside. A wine barrel, perhaps?

There is a Adega wine and beer U-vint/U-brew, but I cannot confirm that this is indeed the correct locale. Any information on where you got this kit from? What is included in the kit? Are there any more hidden addresses? More information is necessary in this mystery!

Thank you very much for the effort. I'll look for any other identifying markings tonight. I received the kit from my dad. He doesn't recall where he got it from.

Here are the 2 kits in their entirety.
Sherry (Black) packet labels:
Sherry (dry vacuum pack?), Sherry (Liquid), Pectic enzymes, yeast, Finings - Gelatine, Potassium sorbate, Nutrient Salts, and Malic acid.

Cherry (White) packet labels:
Cherry (dry vacuum pack?), Cherry (Liquid), Pektolase, yeast, Finings - Gelatine, Potassium sorbate, Nutrient Salts, and Malic acid.

The only other label, besides the top cover shown in the photos, is a small label on the inside flap of the black box stating: "Imported by Winemakeri Inc. www.winemakeri.com Beaverbank, NS B4G 1G3" Which I just noticed and wi be looking up shortly.

Attachments

• 20180821_194310.jpg
    20180821_194310.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 20180821_194140.jpg
    20180821_194140.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
I poked around the site a bit. I was unable to locate anything helpful from their product listings. I did find a support contact email and have sent them a message. Crossing my fingers.

I received a response from the importer! He said that the kits these kits were discontinued by the mfg about 5 years ago so he suggested I replace the yeast. He also said he has the instructions so my search has concluded. Thank you everyone for your responses. I'm not sure if this will work out or not but it will be an adventure all the same.

Latest posts

Back