Help, I need a bold red kit wine for my wife

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll second the Red Mountain, and will add a Winery Series Super Tuscan. Different styles, but both pretty big and bold, IMHO.

Never tried the cab, not am I a fan of cab (atleast until I try a good one)

However, I agree on the Tuscan.
Big, bold, takes oak (if applicable).!

Best of luck!

I like the Cellar Craft Showcase Amanore and RJS CCWS Super Tuscan.

Tucson,

are we talking about a kit or are you open to making wine from fresh grapes?

If fresh grapes, The Chilean grapes that are coming (1st week of may) tend to be bolder (IMHO) than the same varietals that we get from Ca. Try doing a nice carmenere or even a cab/merlot blend.

RJ Spagnols Winery Series Super Tuscan
Winexpert Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon
Winexpert Eclipse Napa Valley Stag's Leap Merlot

Don't forget the Cellar Craft Showcase Rosso Fortissimo

Description: Multiple-medal winner, Cellar Craft's original "crushed grape pack" wine. Super Tuscan style red blended from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangiovese, and other Italian varietals, fermented on crushed Yakima Merlot grapes. A big, full-bodied wine with solid structure and bold fruit notes. Complex cassis, plum, and cherry notes balance the bold tannins. French and American oak contribute toasty vanilla and greater depth in this intense wine. A minimum 6 months of aging is required to begin to see harmony develop; a year is better, and two years yields a very special wine for your enjoyment.

I second the CC Rosso Fortissimo

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I've done the Rosso Fortissimo and the RJS Super Tuscan, I recommend the ST over the RF but both are excellent. I did several of the CC RF but tried the RJS ST last year and it will be my go to Super Tuscan blend from now on. Additionally the Wine Expert Eclipse Cabernet Sauv is fantastic.

Last edited:
I've done the Rosso Fortissimo and the RJS Super Tuscan, I's recommend the ST over the RF but both are excellent. I did several of the CC RF but tried the RJS ST last year and it will be my go to Super Tuscan blend from now on. Additionally the Wine Expert Eclipse Cabernet Sauv is fantastic.

I'll take that as a recommendation, Tony. Next bold red I do will be the RJS ST. Maybe I can find one lying around this weekend. :try

Yep, the RJS Winery Series ST is awesome, I havent tried the EP version of that yet.

Yep, the RJS Winery Series ST is awesome, I havent tried the EP version of that yet.

Yep. Hopefully the EP is the same as Winery just with more juice. I may have to try it soon.

Starting my ws st this weekend excited. Will do few tweaks. And change the yeast. Can't wait. Then the WE LE Oregon Pinot noir is next

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I would second every recommendation so far in this thread and I would add the CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab/Merlot - it is extraordinary!

I made the EP ST,
but have never tried the Winery Series ST.

I am going to save my pennies and try to make and EP ST atleast once a year.
I will consistently drink this stuff.

I tasted the winery series super tuscan I bottled recently, and it is going to be really great over time.
Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

Latest posts

Back