Hello

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnbiker98

Junior
Reaction score
Wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I have recently gotten the idea in my head that I want to start making my own wine. My wife and I thoroughly enjoy sharing a bottle over dinner and I am a geek for the scientific aspect of wine making.

I bought my dad a Vintners Reserve Cab Sav from Vino Aquino in Tacoma, Wa today. I am out here for business and hope to get up to Cheatu Ste. Michelle and a few others tomorrow.

Anyhow, I look forward to learning from what you have to offer here. thanks!

Josh

:ib

Welcome mtnbiker. That will make an okay wine which will be ready earlier then the bigger red wine kits but wont be as full bodied. Glad to have you here!

Howdy Josh... you've come to the right place... there are a lot of experts here and also there are a lot of folks like you and me just starting out. I just bottled my first attempt at wine yesterday and put on my first wine kit today. This is a great hobby, but a warning... you will become addicted, obsessed, and compulsive in winemaking. You won't be able to help it... it is great fun... again, welcome.

:b

Hillbilly is right, there is no turning back! This hobby, which is no longer a hobby, has to be one of the most obsessive things I have ever came across. Good luck, I hope you and the wife enjoy making your own wine.

There are no stupid or redundant questions here. Ask away!! Lots of info in the past threads too! Use the search feature in here if you'd like.

Troy

Hello josh and welcome to the forum,

nice friendly place to be, we love questions, so ask away!

Allie

There are no stupid or redundant questions here. Ask away!! Lots of info in the past threads too! Use the search feature in here if you'd like.

Troy

troy is right. ask anytime. searching is not a bad idea either. any question you have might answer something for others. oh, and don't worry, some batches may not be great, but others will make up for it. gotta get learned somehow :D

Thank you for all the replies. the wine kit was a hit for a Christmas present!

I look forward to getting my first kit and learning the process.

Thank you, again, for your hospitality.

josh

Thank you for all the replies. the wine kit was a hit for a Christmas present!

I look forward to getting my first kit and learning the process.

Thank you, again, for your hospitality.

josh

PROCESS = Make. Drink. Repeat. :d

Welcome

Last edited:
Back