Hello, I'm Adrian!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianSmith

Young Wine Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Adrian.

Newbie to Wine Making Talk, I've dabbled in a little wine making, I write a weekly article for a Wine/Beer/Spirits Magazine and am an avid wino of the "Younger" generation - not something you hear all too often.

I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts, some of the pieces I write, and getting to know you all!

...so Hello! :)

Hi Adrian and welcome to the forum. I look forward to your contributions. Tell us a little more about yourself, i.e. where are you located, what have you made or what are you making, etc.

Welcome Adrian!
What means this "younger generation"? I'm pretty sure no one on this forum is over 25...

:n

I thought Paul was going to call you Rocky Lol! Welcome to the forum! (not sure I understand the term "younger generation" ;) )

Hello Adrian, welcome to the club. Always looking for a fresh prospective but try to keep it simple for us older fogies :)

Welcome Adrian!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Welcome aboard!

How about posting some links to a few of your articles?

What a lovely welcoming group of people! Thank you all for the returning the hello :)

I feel I may have dug myself a little hole with the 'Younger' generation term ;P

By that I suppose I mean that there's very few people (at least who i've come across!) who while in their early/mid twenties have already contributed to making wine, blogging about wine and publishing articles for wine in magazines! It's not really something that interests that generation, especially in the USA. I'm British, so perhaps I have a couple of years ahead.. who knows.. but it's something I really really enjoy and so I'm extremely eager to learn from those who've been doing this a long while and I'll be looking to you all for suggestions on the articles that I put together for this upcoming magazine!

My aim is to try and get people among my age into the world of wine and apprecaite it more than just "oh wow, that Trader Joes wine is $5 we can pre-drink with that then go out and get trolleyed" - because thats not what it should be about.

I've already managed to convert quite a few of my friends over and its been amazing to see just HOW MUCH their palates have improved from two-buck chuck to the Cline's and Jacuzzi's of the world and now their really starting to appreciate the Raymond's and Bella's of the wine world. It touches my heart to see them learn and makes me feel amazing because they come to me for advice.. so i'm constantly learning more to up my game! An exciting world which I'm so happy to be a part of :)

Thus far, the articles I've published on my blog tend to follow the 'witty' side of wine. I'm working on putting together some lists of what I recommend to drink and some more informative posts, but for the meantime here's a little laugh on me! :)

"6 Decanter's I won't be letting ANYWHERE near my wine!"
http://www.britwit.co/britwitblog/the-worst-wine-decanters

Enjoy and once again, thank you for being such hospitable and welcoming folks, I can't wait to get to know you all more :)

Aidy

hahaha! I love the willy decanter! Know a girlfriend or two I'd buy that for (but not for the listed price)

Not that you don't hear this like-a-gagillion time in your life, but I just can't resist...

Seriously, welcome to the forum! Great bunch of folks here.

Too true Kim!!

John, that is hilarious for the sole reason that believe it or not NO ONE has EVER said that to me... you are the first! So Congratulations ;)

Interest decanters, thanks for sharing. I have never heard of Vivino but I see it is the #1 wine app. I'll have to check it out. About your age group being involved in winemaking, you're so right. I just presented at a winemaking conference for the state of NY and I doubt if anyone was under 55. That holds about true to any winemaking class I either attended or presented. I do believe that it is slowly changing though.

Slowly.. but its also nice to keep it that way for now to a certain degree. The more young people who start to get involved the more wacky non-traditional methods will start to be integrated and introduced. Now I'm all for finding more productive ways of doing things, but wine making brings people together, it is an art, and the moment that stops being so will ruin things... IMO at least!

PS, please do check out Vivino, its been a really productive way for me to be able to keep track of what I drink, rank it, put tasting notes out and go back to it at a later date.

Last edited:
Haha - Love it Mike! Probably a little of both if I keep uploading wines at the rate that I am....

Latest posts

Back