Hello from Wine Making Ontario

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemakingontario

Winexpert Toronto
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My name is Brian and I own a ferment on-premise winery in The Beach area of South East Toronto. The store is in it's 15th year. I've owned this location for almost 6 years.

I also just started working on an online directory of ferment on-premise wineries in Ontario.

I have celiac disease so I got hooked on wine as a gluten free beverage alternative to beer. I got so hooked, I dropped out of IT, and turned my hobby into my business.

I am looking to share knowledge with others on this forum.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers
Brian

Greetings Brian! Welcome to the forum. I too am new here and very hooked in the hobby. My wife is from Sudbury, Ontario so I know she is always excited to hear of fellow Canadians sharing in our passion.

Hello and welcome. This is a lovely, friendly site. Jump in, post often and get to know us all.

Thanks for the words of welcome. I've browsed around a bit checking things out.
Time to get back to filtering. I have 40 wines on my filter list today.
The Limited Edition Australian Petit Verdot look incredible.

Cheers
Brian

Welcome to the board. We don't bite (well some of us do but we have all our shots... okay, most of us anyhow). Be sure to keep coming back!

Greetings Brian! Welcome to the forum. I too am new here and very hooked in the hobby. My wife is from Sudbury, Ontario so I know she is always excited to hear of fellow Canadians sharing in our passion.

Its not very often you hear Sudbury, Ontario in here. Just a shout out to fellow displaced Sudburian (also a displaced Torontonian) now living out west.

Welcome to the party we're happy to have you on board. We have another member here from Canada that also had a FOP. Tons of knowledge here.

Welcome Brian, I checked out your site briefly, do you E-sell also? Glad to have you here and always good to have more knowledge on board.

I've considered e-sell, but not yet.
99% of our customers make wine at our location.

If it's cost effective for members to order from me with shipping and everything, I'd be happy to offer a deal to the members here.
Where are you located?
I would assume a US retailer would be better, although the Canadian dollar is a factor. Would there be customs?

Can you give me an idea of Winexpert kit prices in the states?

Cheers
Brian

Well, lacking a response here, I went to eBay, the fountain of all consumer demand.

Here is the only WX kit I could find.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/WINE-MAKING-KITS...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item870aca557a

It's a basic VR 10L kit for $78.95US
Currently about $80 CDN
Now I sell this in Toronto for take home @ $69 CDN

The kicker will be shipping. He shows $62US for International to me.
so I assume that would be the same from me to US.

Almost doubles the price of the kit.
Ya gotta be able to find a better deal locally.

If anyone has ordered US to CA or reverse, let me know, I am curious.

Cheers
Brian

hello Brian and welcome to the forum,

we also have photo albums here, if you fancy adding any pics of your wine cellar etc.

Allie

Welcome to the forum winemakingontario please consider taking a moment to put yourself on "the map".

Latest posts

Back