Hello from Western PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron Bridge is where I took my high school sweetheart for Prom! Delicious. Used to go to Rachel's Roadhouse too, not even sure if that's still around. I had back that way quite a bit as most of family still lives in the area.

Rachel's is still there but my favorite has always been the Iron Bridge.

Julie

What area are you from that you go to the Pirates game? Theres a lot more wineries closer to the Indians, LOL
and probably more wineries near where I live (Hint, look at my location field.)

The Jays visit the Indians in early May and late June next season, so we will probably try to catch a game or two. No prices on their web-site that I found, the seats we like ran about $60 each last year. Whereas the same basic seats were $27 in Pittsburgh. Most of our cost is hotel, But saving $66 per game (based on two seats) is good. Hey Cincinnatti was $42, so might go there too.

Another advantage of Cleveland is the number of minor league teams nearby. Akron, Lake County (Eastlake), Mahoning Valley (Niles). Pittsburgh not so good (Altoona closest).

Steve

Steve, there a supply house down the road about two miles from the field in Niles but they only sell Wine Expert. Even with all the local places around me it seems thats all they sell except for Presque Isle Wine Cellars. If I want anything from RJ Spagnols I have to go down towards Pittsburgh or Cleveland.
They are both only a 90 minute drive so thats not so bad.

Winexpert certainly seems to be the most common brand in the US. The store I visited in a suburb of Buffalo carries Winexpert and a few Spagnols kits.

Canadians, as a rule, are lucky in that regard. Within 15 minutes of home, there are five stores (selling WE, RJS, Vineco, Heron Bay, and Fontana kits). If you widen that to 30 minutes, I can't count the number of stores, and add Cellar Craft kits to the list. Most do not cater to home wine-makers though. But they will sell you a kit. BTW, one of those stores is the Vineco factory store. I understand that I'll be able to add Wine Kitz products to that list in the spring.

BTW, you can get Cellar Craft in Pittsburgh at South Hills Brewing Supply (2212 Noblestown Rd).

Steve

Allie!!!! There are lots of gals in here! I need to find one who'll make wine for me! LOL

Sometimes our user names throw us off. I cant remember all of them but off the top of my head I think about Leanne, Grapenut, Wild Seed Girl, oh geez, I should not even started. i will find and identify them.
LOL
Troy

I don't want to start to much trouble, I will need a bale of straw to sleep on when I get there.

Troy

T-Roy...
I'm not a gal, but I'd be more than happy to make some wine for you. I have a new recipe I need someone to taste test for me...
1 pound raisins
5 pounds strawberries
1 tablespoon yeast nutrient
1 teaspoon yeast energizer
1 can Drano
1 box Rid-X
Lalvin 1118 yeast
1 gallon toilet water

Let me know when you feel like taste testing it for me...

Oh... by the way... welcome Pennsylvania Gal... I am right below you in West Virginia.

:i

HB

Hi Julie, welcome to the forum! I am sure you will learn a lot here...wait a minute!!! Don't I know you from somewhere? I don't recognize the face but the Jeep is familiar. :)

I was so on it, she is doing nothing but advertising her own website but she doesn't come up as spam, even though she claims to be from LA, her ip is coming from Virginia but I didn't. You know what a sweetheart Wade can be, if they are not selling let them alone. So I did, for now.

Hi Julie, welcome to the forum! I am sure you will learn a lot here...wait a minute!!! Don't I know you from somewhere? I don't recognize the face but the Jeep is familiar. :)

You know I get the same feeling. It get this feeling that you and I have made posts on the same thread.

Hi Julie...I just joined this forum today. My husband bought me some Wine Making equipment for Christmas. I am from Beaver County. Can you share the name of the Wine Making supply store in Portersville? That is very close to me

Hi dgeorge12! Welcome to the forum. I'm not Julie but I can help you with a couple of places within 40 minutes of you. I actually live in Brighton township. One is L'uva Bella winery. It's not too far from New Castle. They carry juice buckets, Grapes (in season), and some equipment. The other place is South Hills Brewing. They carry a lot of equipment. They are located just off the Greentree exit in Crafton. Good Luck!

Hi Julie...I just joined this forum today. My husband bought me some Wine Making equipment for Christmas. I am from Beaver County. Can you share the name of the Wine Making supply store in Portersville? That is very close to me

Welcome to winemakingtalk! Glad to see another Western PA'er! It is the Portersville Brew Shop, the owners are fantastic. They started a wednesday night wine tasting, where you can bring your wine and share with everyone who shows up. We haven't made that yet, since we work on Thursday but would like to sometime.

Their website is http://www.porterhousebrewshop.com/

Hope to meet up with you sometime, you are really not that far away.

Latest posts

Back