Hello from Western PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi dgeorge12! Welcome to the forum. I'm not Julie but I can help you with a couple of places within 40 minutes of you. I actually live in Brighton township. One is L'uva Bella winery. It's not too far from New Castle. They carry juice buckets, Grapes (in season), and some equipment. The other place is South Hills Brewing. They carry a lot of equipment. They are located just off the Greentree exit in Crafton. Good Luck!

I'm glad you know you are not me, you are on the hairy side, :)

Would anyone mind if I join the western PA group? I lived in Allegheny and Washinton counties for 41 years until my job started moving me around a bit. I now live in Muncie, Indiana. I still get back to PA quite often and will NEVER be anything other than a Steeler fan. I've ben making wine since 1985. I've made wines from fruit and grapes, cider and flowers, honey and kits. I haven't yet made the wine of my dreams, but refuse to quit until I do. (hope I never quit) I've made great fruit wines and some pretty good red grape wines and love to talk wine all the time. Currently we have Chambourcin, Steuben, Zinfandel, Peach, Blackberry, Raspberry, Blackberry Port and some Lemoncello. I know lemoncello isn't wine, but we like it just the same.
Good to see so many western PA people on the site!!

Would anyone mind if I join the western PA group? I lived in Allegheny and Washinton counties for 41 years until my job started moving me around a bit. I now live in Muncie, Indiana. I still get back to PA quite often and will NEVER be anything other than a Steeler fan. I've ben making wine since 1985. I've made wines from fruit and grapes, cider and flowers, honey and kits. I haven't yet made the wine of my dreams, but refuse to quit until I do. (hope I never quit) I've made great fruit wines and some pretty good red grape wines and love to talk wine all the time. Currently we have Chambourcin, Steuben, Zinfandel, Peach, Blackberry, Raspberry, Blackberry Port and some Lemoncello. I know lemoncello isn't wine, but we like it just the same.
Good to see so many western PA people on the site!!

rappdaddy, definitely, once a Western PA'er always a Western PA'er! How far away are you from Bloomington? My daughter lives there and are you planning to be around here the weekend after Thanksgiving?

LOL,,,Dan,,,Julie slipped me in as well!! Hope to meet you then! Also, rappdaddy welcome!!

Whoa!!! Thanks for all the instant response, but no, I won't be back the week after. Maybe I can plan for next year though?
And yes, I agree....once a western PA'er..........I just got back from there yesterday. Had a wedding to go to near the Pittsburgh airport.

Sorry Julie, I didn't answer your question.
We live about 2 hours north of Bloomington. I work for a steel fabricator and have done some work for IU. We just finished a medical office building at IU and completed the Jacobs School of Music on campus as well. How often do you folks get together and what all do you do?

I try to have something twice a year, Runningwolf will have one or two and FFemt will try to get something together as well.

And we eat, drink and laugh! Oh and trade wines.

Latest posts

Back