Hello from Western MA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dufresne11

Reaction score
I am pretty new to wine making. I split two batches of juice with a more experienced friend of mine and I got hooked. I am currently doing a batch of Nero D'Avalo on my own and I am wishing I had picked up another bucket.

Welcome, I have NO experience with juice and kits but there are several members who are. I am sure they can help you along the way, What have you split with your pal? Wine making is lots of fun and satisfying hobby. Everyone here will admit it is also addicting.

Furthermore almost evryone who enjoys making their own wine or brewing their own beer will admit they love to cook as well.

Few people in here know anything about "pairing" their wine with a given food.
Though their are some who DO!!

Glad to have you on board. Ask what you would like.

:b

The search engine in here isnt "google" but alot of your answers may be found in there.

Tom, Wade, and a few of the others are familiar with the "Juice" style and will be glad to give their insight. Outside of this introduction thread, feel free to ask any questions you may have. Try to post a thread in the appropriate catagory, makes it a whole lot easier for you and them to follow the thread and get you a speedy answer. You all are still waking up on that side of the US, but hang tough, this is a great forum with a great group of people willing to share their knowledge.

So what have you done so far? And what do you want to do next?

Again Welcome.:D

Troy
:db

Hi Troy,

I have been lurking for a while, just picking up any information that I can. I must say I am completely hooked. I just bottled a Sauv. Blanc and in the spring I will be bottling a Merlot. As I mentioned I just started a batch of Nero and I wish I had picked up a Cab Sauv as well. I guess I will pick up some Chilean Cab in the spring.

I don't necessarily aspire to churn out hundreds of gallons a year. I do aspire to turn out 24 - 36 gallons of the best stuff I can make. This is one of those things that I think can take a long time to master.

I do have one question for you. I posted a pic in my profile but it doesn't show next to my posts. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for all of the winemaking knowledge and website help. This looks like a nice place

Welcome ! :dg
Like Troy said I make alot of wines from Juice. If you can get fresh Chilean in the spring may I suggest the Malbec and Carmenere. Their Red Zin is also good.
In the meantime are you gonna make a kit or try your hands @ fruit wines?

Hi Troy,

I do have one question for you. I posted a pic in my profile but it doesn't show next to my posts. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for all of the winemaking knowledge and website help. This looks like a nice place

On the top of the page look for UserCP
go there and up load your pic in the EDIT AVATAR

Geesh

You guys are fast to respond! Thanks for the help with the avatar. My buddy just did a Malbec and was very pleased. Perhaps a good idea for spring.

I am pretty comfortable with the juice right now so I am sticking with that for at least the spring. However my buddy and I are trying to get our hands on a press for next fall. Thinking about doing some hard cider. I would imagine that will lead to making some fruit wines and trying this thing from grapes!

Too fast huh, go ahead and ask something else, we'll get back to you in a few months! We all enjoy being in this forum. There are members from all over the US, Europe, New Zeland, India, Albania and countries we cant explain, we all have each others back. Great forum to be in.
Troy

DUF, I think you have to make ten posts befor you can attach pictures posts, etc. You shouldn't have any problem editing your profile though, Like Smurf just said go to the user CP, you can chabge stuff in there. Guess you better make a few more posts to be official.
Troy

Greeting from the other side of the state. Just curious where did you get your juices???

Cheers
J

Hello Phished

I have to go to Hartford to get juice from M & M. They do a very good job there but it is tough getting down there. There is a small DIY Brew shop locally but they do not carry juice yet. I think I might have him talked into purchasing some Chilean for the spring though. How about you?

I was curious b/c i heard there was a good shop somewhere in Northampton. Have you ever been ? Is it worth a stop of I'm in the area?

Northampton

I have heard it is great but I haven't been myself. I am planning on going up to Noho next month so I will report back and let you know.

Latest posts

Back