Hello from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to WMT.
How are your grapes progressing? and what else do you run? Once stopped in Stevensville where I found the strongest red currant wine I’ve tasted but have yet to make it in the area again when they are open.

Welcome to WMT.
How are your grapes progressing? and what else do you run? Once stopped in Stevensville where I found the strongest red currant wine I’ve tasted but have yet to make it in the area again when they are open.
i tried to upload some pics, but they said they were too large. I have 35 vines planted last year, 25 Marquette & 10 Frontenac. This year I planted 25 Petite Pearl and 10 Itasca. They’re all doing good, although I’ve had deer pressure on my new vines because I’m waiting for fencing to be put up. The one pic is my second year grapes. I don’t make wine from any other fruit at this point. I’ve made kit wine and some wine from concord style grapes for practice, but I’m anxious for my first crop next year!D2D0EA87-ABF5-47CD-BBD9-20A7E2CAC374.jpeg
E097E857-21DE-471D-B170-C198EE753FA3.jpeg

Last edited:
i tried to upload some pics, but they said they were too large. I have 35 vines planted last year, 25 Marquette & 10 Frontenac. This year I planted 25 Petite Pearl and 10 Itasca. They’re all doing good, although I’ve had deer pressure on my new vines because I’m waiting for fencing to be put up. The one pic is my second year grapes. I don’t make wine from any other fruit at this point. I’ve made kit wine and some wine from concord style grapes for practice, but I’m anxious for my first crop next year!
Right click on your pictures and see if RESIZE comes up, then click on the 2 to bring the size down.

Thanks for the help on pic size! Here are a few more pics!

Attachments

• 33CA4151-23D3-471C-BC65-2C7DFCB16D93.jpeg
    33CA4151-23D3-471C-BC65-2C7DFCB16D93.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 04299FFA-666E-4AA7-8D8F-4DC882E3421C.jpeg
    04299FFA-666E-4AA7-8D8F-4DC882E3421C.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to WMT.
Do you remember which winery in Stevensville that you found the red currant wine?

I have a vineyard on Old Mission Peninsula. I made a Marquette for a friend on Leelanau Peninsula. It came out very nice. Looking forward to making even more this year.

Latest posts

Back