Hello from the New Orleans area!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am a complete newbie to home wine making. I've been considering giving it a try for a few years now, but my busy work travel schedule has kept me from doing so. However, I'm traveling less now and plan on giving it a go! I had a great sit down discussion and tasting with fellow WMT forum member JohnD here in our home town and that really sealed the deal for me. (His wines were great!) I've ordered a Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet kit to start off. I have most of my equipment, but still need a few items like a hydrometer, auto-siphon and wine thief, but I'll get those ordered before I start my first batch! I plan on utilizing the WMT forum to learn as much as possible from all of the experience here! Of course, I'll be leaning on JohnD a lot as well!

Hello everyone! I am a complete newbie to home wine making. I've been considering giving it a try for a few years now, but my busy work travel schedule has kept me from doing so. However, I'm traveling less now and plan on giving it a go! I had a great sit down discussion and tasting with fellow WMT forum member JohnD here in our home town and that really sealed the deal for me. (His wines were great!) I've ordered a Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet kit to start off. I have most of my equipment, but still need a few items like a hydrometer, auto-siphon and wine thief, but I'll get those ordered before I start my first batch! I plan on utilizing the WMT forum to learn as much as possible from all of the experience here! Of course, I'll be leaning on JohnD a lot as well!

Welcome, glad to see you on board here, these folks are a great resource. Glad you enjoyed the barrel tasting, all still relatively young wines, hope they pan out in the end.

When does your kit get delivered? Got spares of all the stuff you need, you’re welcome to borrow them if you like. If not, Brewstock on Dryades in NO has what you need and Kyle’s a good guy. They also sell kits. You’re already hooked up with LP, great online seller.

Welcome, glad to see you on board here, these folks are a great resource. Glad you enjoyed the barrel tasting, all still relatively young wines, hope they pan out in the end.

When does your kit get delivered? Got spares of all the stuff you need, you’re welcome to borrow them if you like. If not, Brewstock on Dryades in NO has what you need and Kyle’s a good guy. They also sell kits. You’re already hooked up with LP, great online seller.
John,

I'm anticipating the kit will arrive by this weekend. So, I'm hoping to get started sometime next week. I did go by Brewstock yesterday, but they were busy with some beer brewers, so I never got to speak to anyone. Thanks as always for the willingness to help and share!

Update: I pulled all of the supplies I had from my beer brewing kit that I've had for about five years and was planning to utilize the carboys and plastic fermenting bucket for the first attempt at wine making. While cleaning I discovered the bucket has a split in the side! Damn! I went ahead and ordered a full Master Vitners kit from Northern Brewers. So I should have everything I need to start in about 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Back