Hello from the great lakes region.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPwinemaker

Junior
Reaction score
Ive been reading the forum for the last several weeks and have enjoyed my time here so decided to join the group. I have made 6 batches of fruit wine so far. Welch's grape juice being first, then dandelion, blackberry made from frozen berries picked in the UP, lastly peach wine from red haven peaches. All are still in bulk aging. And then there were the 2 attempts to make wine from ocean spray juice. Ended up dumping both. Oh well, live and learn.lol. Anyway we're having fun and keeping busy. Soon we'll start back sweetening and bottling. Looking forward to learning from all of you and hopefully be able to contribute in the future.

Last edited:
Ive been reading the forum for the last several weeks and have enjoyed my time here so decided to join the group. I have made 6 batches of fruit wine so far. Welch's grape juice being first, then dandelion, blackberry made from frozen berries picked in the UP, lastly peach wine from red haven peaches. All are still in bulk aging. And then there were the 2 attempts to make wine from ocean spray juice. Ended up dumping both. Oh well, live and learn.lol. Anyway we're having fun and keeping busy. Soon we'll start back sweetening and bottling. Looking forward to learning from all of you and hopefully be able to contribute in the future.

Welcome from the UP of Michigan!

Welcome to WMT

? you dumped ocean spray wine, ,,, if you consider this again you could fortify with frozen juice concentrate. Bottle juice is driven by cost of goods and water turns out to be a cheap ingredient.
I will remember your advice. TY

Why did you dump it?
Do you have any "stale food" stores up by you? Some times you can get some real deals on canned fruit there. In Oshkosh, there is one that currently has canned whole Cranberry sauce for 25 cents a can. The whole berry variety makes a wonderful wine. Probably too far to drive, tho! I would think that Thimble berries would be on your search list, also.

Latest posts

Back