Hello from Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdtexan

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to winemaking. I wont be making any wine until June of this year. I will plant yellow and orange meated watermelons in mid March and harvest in June. So that will give me plenty of time to read yalls post and learn about the art of wine making. I will however take any advice on what I need to buy now to prepare for wine making and wine bottleing.

Nice to meet yall

Mike D

Hello and welcome to the site.I take it you want to make a watermelon wine as your first wine? Just so you know, watermelon is a hard one to get to ferment without spoiling.Maybe look into trying a kit or a welches concentrate recipe as a first wine.

Hello and welcome to the site.I take it you want to make a watermelon wine as your first wine? Just so you know, watermelon is a hard one to get to ferment without spoiling.Maybe look into trying a kit or a welches concentrate recipe as a first wine.

Thank You for that, your right, I want to make watermelon wine as my first wine. I didnt know that about spoiling. Sounds like a challange. by "welches" are you meaning actual welches grape juice? Sounds like a good beginner test for me, huh¿

Yep, alot of folks try it as a first wine. Do a search here and see if you can find a recipe for it.If you cant find one say so and I'm sure others can help or we'll get you to jack kellers site for the recipe.

Back