Hello from Tennessee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith1940

Junior
Reaction score
I guess you can tell that my name is Keith, I tried Keith as my nic and it was already taken so I added 1940. For you hockey fans 1940 was the last year that the NY Rangers won the Stanley Cup until they hoisted the cup in 1994. That is really me in my avi, I am laying down between a couple of clumps of Ice Follies daffodils.

I first started making beer from kits when I lived in Atlanta, GA in the mid 80's. I have thought of making beer with the actual ingredients but I never did do it. I still have some old cans in the Wine Basement so one of these days I might just do it.

I made my first batch of wine a couple of years after I started brewing beer. My beer brewing equipment came in quite handy, I still am using the same large plastic primary's that I bot over 30 years ago. My first batch of wine was peach wine, hey I was in Georgia after all. I used a recipe from the Winemakers recipe handbook. I have made pear, banana, watermelon, watermelon blueberry, blueberry, and apple wine. I have also made sparkling wine. I don't use sugar anymore, I use local honey. I bot 10 gallons of honey so I have enough for awhile. This past Sunday I bottled about 3 gallons of banana wine which I sweetened the previous Sunday. On that Sunday I bottled 3 gallons of the dry version of the banana wine and also bottled 8 750's of sparkling wine. I bottled 60 ounces of the sweetened wine in a old plastic juice container and I contributed that to the group that I watched the eclipse with. Yes I got to see the whole eclipse and got 2 1/2 minutes of totality. April 8, 2024 is less than 7 years away!

I am in Middle Tennessee. What area are you in? Which of those two fellows is you? We know what WMT means around here. Earlier I saw GM used, of course I thought of General Motors. I am thinking that it stands for Groennfell Meadery. With all of these different acronyms out there sometimes I have to ask my phone what the letters stand for. Last year someone used WYSIWYG on me, I had no idea what that stood for but my phone knew.

Latest posts

Back