Hello from SW Virginia.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorHensley

Junior
Reaction score
Have never made wine before. Plan on doing my first batch tomorrow. Going to do a "Peach Perfection" kit from Orchard Breezin. My GF wanted something sweet that would taste like a wine cooler. Figure this fits the bill.

Plan on putting a few pounds of sugar, and some frozen peaches, in the primary.

Any other suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

My wife likes that one but not as much as my country peach wine.

A suggestion I have is that you have your GF taste the wine before bottling. If she would like it even a little sweeter you can add some peach flavored white grape juice concentrate to the batch.

BTW, for my make of the RJS PP I added both some sugar and 2 cans of peach flavored white grape juice concentrate.

Oh, maybe add some pectic enzyme to ensure a break down of the frozen peaches?

Good luck!

Welcome from a fellow Virginian! Your plan sounds like a good one. Add the sugar incrementally though (maybe a half pound at a time), measuring with your hydrometer after each addition (be sure to stir in well). These wines can be quite good with a little extra sugar in primary to bump up the ABV, but you don't want to go too far. IMHO, an ABV on the lighter side (10-12%) is plenty.

Welcome to winemakingtalk. To be honest you shouldn't do anything other than what the instructions tell you to do. This is your first time making wine, follow the instructions to get the feel of what you need to do. If you do any adding and something goes wrong there is a good chance you will get frustrated. I want to make sure you come back and make more wine!

Latest posts

Back