Hello from South Jersey

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkentert

Junior
Reaction score
Hey guys - Wine making newbie. Several years back I made a tangerine Pinot Grigio from a kit. Taught me a great lesson- Wine needs to AGE. It was syrupy and gross when I first bottled it. Tried it 6 months later and it was great!

Currently fermenting some more kits - haven't attempted real wine from juice yet.

In the fermenters -
Chardonnay
Pint Noir
Coastal Red
California Symphony
and about to start an Eclipse kit of Zinfandel.

Already getting lots of great info from the site. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Hey guys - Wine making newbie. Several years back I made a tangerine Pinot Grigio from a kit. Taught me a great lesson- Wine needs to AGE. It was syrupy and gross when I first bottled it. Tried it 6 months later and it was great!

Currently fermenting some more kits - haven't attempted real wine from juice yet.

In the fermenters -
Chardonnay
Pint Noir
Coastal Red
California Symphony
and about to start an Eclipse kit of Zinfandel.

Already getting lots of great info from the site. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

hello and welcome to the forum from a fellow jerseyman!

Welcome. I've only been a member for a couple of days myself. You'll love this forum. Everyone is great here and eager to help.
Joe

Welcome. I've only been a member for a couple of days myself. You'll love this forum. Everyone is great here and eager to help.
Joe

The best kind of forum! One with good contributing members! Looking forward to it!

kkentert, welcome to the forum. That eclipse Zinfandel kit has been tempting me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

Last edited:
Hello from so. Jersey

HAY NJ MAN I'M HERE IN FRANKLINVILLE CLOSE TO YOU ?/////////////////:db

Welcome, You are going to love this site and making your first fruit wines. You will get lots of help here. These good people have saved me a couple of times now. Love them all.

kkentert, welcome to the forum. That eclipse Zinfandel kit has been tempting me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

I'll let u know how it turns out (in a year!)

I can say that the guy who owns the local supply store said its one of his favorite kits and he makes two per year. Pretty good endorsement.

Welcome kkentert, south jersey man.

Since you are in S NJ, I figure you can grow the tender real wine grapes. What is your experience with them? Lost anything to frost? The vineyard (Hopewell, south of Princeton) grows a lot of tender vines, only hardy to Zone 7. Not sure if there is any winter damage. They have Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, etc....

Hello and welcome!

I'm just an NC good ol' boy type but my wife is a Jersey Girl.
This is a great forum full of awesome people.
Have fun!!

Beano Joe

Update -
So the Chardonnay I made is a Grand Cru Vintner's Reserve kit. It's about 8 months old now and it's AMAZING! One of the best chardonnays I've ever had. I put some extra Oak in it, but I'm so happy. Great kit.

Hey Guys-
Has anyone ever used the Amarone juice that gino pinto imports? I'm thinking about getting 12 gallons in a couple weeks.
Any good recipes or feedback? (this will be my first juice wine)

Amarone the king of italian reds

i will post on behind the scenes my amarone process you can use it with fresh juice no difference.you'll aready be ph balanced out jsu read the post.tell mike pinto ,joe pauline said hello......

Latest posts

Back