Hello from South Africa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevA

Praying this ferments
Reaction score
Hi I'm Andreas, I've been attempting (and sometimes succeeded) making wine for about a year in South Africa mostly from fruit or pure juice. Wine kits have only recently become avalibe locally, so started the interesting way with Dangerdave's Dragonblood recipe (thanks for that by the way). As far as I know I'm one of two homewinemakers in our region, so thanks for everyone who posts it helps those of us who are far from help or ideas.

Welcome to the group! This is a great group with people willing to help! I have never made a wine kit but I have made several different fruit wines and Danger Dave's Dragonblood too!

Welcome Andreas, when I first got on I would pour through old post to glean knowledge, not sure I am any smarter, the more I read the more I realize I don't know! :) Actually I love the site and the wonderful wine makers I encounter.

Hi Andreas!

I'm new to wine making but have 25 years of beer making under my belt, literally. This forum has such a wealth of information. I have yet to make a batch that hasn't met my expectations or exceeded them, all due to the family of winemakers here. Just ask questions and you'll get lot's of different answers. Remember there are always several ways to solve an issue. Hope you enjoy your time here.

PS. I just googled Barberton and it looks like a very beautiful place to live.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back