Hello from SE PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeLoveCab

Reaction score
My wife and I have been making wine for just over a year. In that time we've made about 300-400 bottles or so. We were also recently married this past October and spent our Honeymoon in Napa. During our time in Napa we toured two wineries with the owners getting a full grape to bottle view and history of each. One was a small 6 acre operation and the other was a 200+ acre... very interesting how similar yet different they were.

Three weeks ago we moved into our new home after living in temporary housing for the past year. So wine making has been on hold for the past 3 months... Soon I will be building my wine work bench in the basement and then its game on =) We are thinking of doing a Merlot and Pinot Noir to start.

Our favorite wine is Cab Sav, however we like all the dry reds. Ironically the wine we've made the most of has been the Green Apple Riesling... just can't seem to keep that in stock.... I think I'm going to try some Skeeter Pee soon to give our friends another option from the Green Apple.

We are also just found out that our neighbor and his wife just picked up a wine equipment kit for Christmas.... We have a feeling we'll be good friends =)

We look forward to chatting with everyone here, we're always looking for ways to learn and improve our ways and our final product =)

Welcome Welovecab. This is a great place for info. You are not to far up the road from me.. I live in Thomasville.

Another Pennsylvanian Hooray! Welcome. I think you'll have more than neighbors as friends, many nice folks on here.

Welcome to the Pennsylvania Wine Makers Forum! (There are some folks on here form other parts of the world as well):)

Im just a little south from you in lancaster, pa

welcome to the forum.

My wife just picked up the green apple riesling and we will be starting that one tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back