Hello from Saxonburg PA!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry0220

Reaction score
Hello to all! I have enjoyed reading the post for the last week. I have gotten great tips, new ideas and most of all more confidence in my new hobby!

Terry, welcome to the forum. I see you live in Saxonburg, PA. One of the top wine makers on the forum (Julie) lives there too. You have great resource at hand.

EEEEEE GAAWWWWD Not another one from Saxonburg? LOL Welcome aboard. We have a great group on this forum and many folks from NW PA. Hope to meet you some day.

Well welcome Terry0220 from Saxonburg, PA!!!! This is great, where at in Saxonburg? I was really surpised when someone from Butler had signed up last week, now someone from Saxonburg. Sweet

So what have you made and what are you planning on making?

Thank you all!! From reading the post I saw you all are friendly,,but now I know just how friendly you all are!! Julie,,I'm over on Knoch. What I have made from WE; Zinfandel/Cabernet, 2 Blackberry Cabs, Riesling, Blush, Green Apple Riesling, BlackRaspberry Melot and a Cranberry Malbec, then just started a month ago a Strawberry from the strawberries we picked this year. All of this since Oct of last year,,,so I have been bitten by the bug as well!! LOL;)

LOL,,,closer to the school or the other end? I'm right in the middle

LOL!!!! I do know you!! Give you a hint,,,Chuck wants to know if Mike likes your wine.

OMG this is just awesome, LOL yes tell Chuck Mike does like the wines and crys when I limit him on the muscadine, which is his favorite. And he also crys that he can't make much in the way of beer cuz he is too busy being my wine toady!

Question? Carboys,,do you use the plastic? Not sure if I want to go that way,,,think glass would be better Any input? It would be a little lighter,,but at what cost?

I have one better bottle, it is a 3 gallon and to be honest, while I really don't have any issues my preference is glass.

If you are interested in doing any juice buckets, check out Luva Bella's at http://www.luvabella.com/ it is only a 45 minute drive and they have an awesome restaurant as well. If you are interested let me know maybe we can all go over the same time. There are a couple other members who go and we try to meet up for lunch, it is a great time.

Just looked at their website,,sounds good! If I am around,,count me in. I'm starting to get adventurous, and this sounds like something that will keep me out of trouble,,:p

Just looked at their website,,sounds good! If I am around,,count me in. I'm starting to get adventurous, and this sounds like something that will keep me out of trouble,,:p

LOL, well keep telling Chuck you need to do this to keep out of trouble, I'll back you on it and kick Mike if he opens his mouth! :i

The juice buckets make a very good wine and you can not complain about the price.

Latest posts

Back