Hello from Sammamish,WA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROADRUNNER

Junior
Reaction score
I bought brewing equipment for my son when he graduated college three years ago - took him this long to try it out. The blackberry wine he made the second time was fantastic. He's got me started now on my first batch of peach wine and am I excited!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

how big is your batch of peach wine?

Allie

Now... that wasn't funny.. or did I miss something.. hic hic. O yea I hade almost 2 bottles with my SWMBO...:b

Peach wine batch

Batch is 3 gallons - 8 lbs peaches, 4 cans pineapple, 2 cups OJ, 4.5 lbs sugar, 2 gal water, 1 champagne yeast, 1/2 tsp tannin, 2 tsp yeast nutrient, 1 campden tab - maybe it was 2, 1 tsp pectic enzyme.

I've been topping off w/ water & sugar and just recently put a good tablespoon of peach flavoring to try to overcome the champagne dryness. Yesterday I found Kern's Peach Nectar and topped of with that (cane sugar, peach puree concentrate, malic & ascorbic acid).

Just opened a bottle of peach wine tonight, the second peach wine that I made last year. One has turned out okay and the other scares me!!! I made several mistakes on both of them, as they were my first fruit wines and I did everything wrong with both of them- but this one tonight is------mighty good. From a neighbor in Sultan. Welcome!
Jim

What PA did you let your peach get to that you enjoyed? And do campden tablets really stabilize the wine? or should I go the bentonite route...

Now... that wasn't funny.. or did I miss something.. hic hic. O yea I hade almost 2 bottles with my SWMBO...:b

yeah I think it lost something in the translation there Tom lol

:p

What PA did you let your peach get to that you enjoyed? And do campden tablets really stabilize the wine? or should I go the bentonite route...

bentonite is a fining agent to clarify your wine.. campden tablets are a sulphite and help preserve your wine. Sorbate is your stabiliser and stops the yeast from reproducing, it is also a preservative.. so usually you stabilise the wine with both campden and sorbate.. then sweeten if you intend to.. then move to fining/clarifying the wine.

Allie

Latest posts

Back