Hello From Pittsburgh!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings! Been making wine with my Dad since I was a kid. We lost Dad in September and he always took care of the day to day tasking on the wine, testing etc. So I’m carrying on with this legacy, and am brushing up on the things he taught me over the years. Appreciate the forum and the information found here. Currently we have 12 gallons of Apple wine from local fresh cider in the carboys for a couple weeks, just put 12 gallons of Vintners Best Concord in the carboys yesterday, and just started 12 gallons of elderberry from Vintners best. Dad was never really keen on concentrates, but I figured we are in the dead of winter and it would be a good time to start using them. He was always into fruit wines as well as grape wines. I look forward to being an active member of the group.

Hi Micheal , I’m a newbie to the forum myself.
Was a member years ago but lost touch.
Where are you in the Burgh? I love in North Fauette .
Been making wine for 50 years now. When we lived in Phoenix 2014-2019 I taught wine, beer and cider making classes. We move back here right before the pandemic hit.
I see you make fruit wines and looks like American grape wines.
You can get fresh juices from Walker fruit Basket in New York, just above Erie.
They have a website and they do ship almost year around.
Also if your familiar with the Strip, Consumer’s Produce handles grapes, grape juice, and fresh fruit juices in season. The also have a website. Good people.
They also brown by FedEx n juices and grapes from Chile in May and juices from Italy in October.
If you have any questions please ask
God Bless.🍷

Where are you in the Burgh? I love in North Fauette .
Been making wine for 50 years now. When we lived in Phoenix 2014-2019 I taught wine, beer and cider making classes. We move back here right before the pandemic hit.
I see you make fruit wines and looks like American grape wines.
You can get fresh juices from Walker fruit Basket in New York, just above Erie.
They have a website and they do ship almost year around.
Also if your familiar with the Strip, Consumer’s Produce handles grapes, grape juice, and fresh fruit juices in season. The also have a website. Good people.
They also brown by FedEx n juices and grapes from Chile in May and juices from Italy in October.
If you have any questions please ask
God Bless.🍷
Hi Edward,

I’m from north of the city in New Kensington. Nice to meet you. We’ve gotten juice from Consumers Produce in the past. I remember getting Chilean and Italian from them over the years. They are good folks for sure. We have been getting juice in from Presque Isle Winery in North East PA, we’ve gotten imported and also local juice from them as well. The are great people as well. It’s so much fun opening a good bottle of wine you made yourself and sipping on it. I’ve never tried hard cider or beer yet. I made a 12 gallon batch from Kistacos Farm Market cider in Apollo. They have the best cider! It’s flash pasteurized and has no preservatives in it. It just went in the carboys two weekends ago. We lost dad a week before we were going to bottle a mix red mix we made at their house. That batch will be 150 bottles.

Hey you Pittsburghers! I was at Ruffled Homebrewing in Oakmont on Saturday. They said they will be taking orders for Chilean juice buckets in March and deliver in April. I may give one a test drive. BTW, I'm located in Delmont.

Welcome Michael! Nice to see someone else from the Burgh. You'll enjoy this forum. There's lots of good chatter, about wine, and otherwise.
Hi Edward,
I’m from north of the city in New Kensington.
Where are you in the Burgh? I love in North Fayette .

Welcome aboard Dan, Michael and Edward. Lots of 'Burghers here. I was raised in Forest Hills but now live just north of Columbus, Ohio.

Latest posts

Back