Hello from Pennsylvania

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA-PFS

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi - My name is Paul - glad to join the forum - I’ve been making wine for about 18 years, although there was a big stretch in the middle when life prevented me from being active. I make kit wines, but especially enjoy making wine from local fruits. I use vinifera grapes when available, but also enjoy blackberry wine, cherry wine, and apple wine using local fruits.

Hi - My name is Paul - glad to join the forum - I’ve been making wine for about 18 years, although there was a big stretch in the middle when life prevented me from being active. I make kit wines, but especially enjoy making wine from local fruits. I use vinifera grapes when available, but also enjoy blackberry wine, cherry wine, and apple wine using local fruits.
Welcome to the forum, Paul. What's been your favorite wine?

Welcome to the forum, I make meads the occasional wine kit and I brew beer, but we won’t talk about that here. ;) Folks here have answered questions rather generously.

Welcome to the forum, I make meads the occasional wine kit and I brew beer, but we won’t talk about that here. ;) Folks here have answered questions rather generously.
i know meads are ok. and they talk on here about worts and beer brewing, it is spirts which is a major no-no,
just my 2-cents,, but i am often wrong, lol
Dawg

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.
To answer TechAdmin, my favorite wine (that I make) is the blackberry. That is a great fruit that produces a full body dry wine that rivals some grape varieties. Cherry is a close second. I enjoy many varieties of grape wine, but getting good grapes is always a challenge. I do several kits just to keep the cellar stocked, but prefer starting with my own fruit

Hello Paul. I'm from PA too and I am in country wines too, although buying cheap fruits is not easy in my area. I rely on frozen fruits mainly. Maybe one day I will try grapes but I just don't want to compare and compete with great wines you can buy in stores. With fruit wines it is different. This year I bought a bottle of pineapple wine to top off my pineapple wine and it was totally undrinkable. So anyway, - Welcome.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.
To answer TechAdmin, my favorite wine (that I make) is the blackberry. That is a great fruit that produces a full body dry wine that rivals some grape varieties. Cherry is a close second. I enjoy many varieties of grape wine, but getting good grapes is always a challenge. I do several kits just to keep the cellar stocked, but prefer starting with my own fruit.

Welcome to the forum.

Sourcing good grapes in Pennsylvania is a matter of location.

Pittsburgh: CFP Winemakers
Philadelphia: Procacci Brothers
Erie: Presque Isle

Last edited:
Hello Paul. I'm from PA too and I am in country wines too, although buying cheap fruits is not easy in my area. I rely on frozen fruits mainly. Maybe one day I will try grapes but I just don't want to compare and compete with great wines you can buy in stores. With fruit wines it is different. This year I bought a bottle of pineapple wine to top off my pineapple wine and it was totally undrinkable. So anyway, - Welcome.
www.colomafrozen.com
Dawg

Back