Hello, from PA.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11??? I hope you had a DD! My personal best is 8, and I could not tell you what the wines at the last one tasted like!
We always hit our favorites first and try to save the new places toward the end. Our favorite places, we would limit the tasting to only new releases and save ourselves for other places. The worst year was when we did 5 champagne tastings in the middle of the day.

I’m very happy to have found this forum! I am not new to wine making but I am looking to step up my wine game by making a fresh grape Cabernet Sauvignon this fall. I have made many kit wines as well as a lot of wine from fresh fruit, just never a fresh grape wine fermented on the skins. I live near Scranton in Northeast PA and I’m not sure where I could go to source grapes. The person who I will be making this batch with lives in NJ and we were looking into possibly going through Corrado’s market as they have a crusher/destemmer on site. I want to produce a more full bodied wine than I’ve been able to with even the highest end kits and I believe this is probably the best route. Any advice as to where I could source grapes, and tips for my first fresh grape wine would be very appreciated. I can’t wait to learn from some of the many great wine makers here. Thanks!
Hi, I have a vineyard located in south central PA (south of McConnellsburg) and often take my grapes to Buffalo Valley Produce Auction in Mifflinburg, PA which is not far from you. I do not grow a cabernet sauvignon, but have noiret, arandell, or marquette that may be of some interest to you.

welcome to the forum!

i have family that lives in scranton--we live outside of philly in the lehigh valley area

quality juices and grapes can be ordered once a year from Lopes Seafood Deli in South Bethlehem, Pa--Lopes is a Portuguese Deli, pronounced LOPES sounds like ROPES but with a L

https://www.facebook.com/LopesSeafood/
they sell wine making equipment and supplies, great prices on carboys whatever you need you tell them and they'll get it for you--maria is a sweat heart, she's married to one of the Lopes brothers--i always try to talk to her

old school, like going back in time

Welcome to WMK! I’m in south central PA, relocated from Gouldsboro (worked at Kane is Able Trucking back in the day).

if you’re practiced in kit wine making, you’ll do fine. It’s tough finding a good source near you - there used to be a good source down near Allentown. But, I don’t think they’re in the wine grape business anymore.

If you haven’t tried them, take a look at the Finer Wine Kits offered through LabelPeelers. They are kits, but the juice isn’t ultra pasteurized and the wines are a lot closer in taste to wine-from-grapes.
Zingales in Easton closed but Lopes Seafood Deli in South Bethlehem took over all the customers in the area, they order high quality juices and grapes for about 800 plus people

I’m very happy to have found this forum! I am not new to wine making but I am looking to step up my wine game by making a fresh grape Cabernet Sauvignon this fall. I have made many kit wines as well as a lot of wine from fresh fruit, just never a fresh grape wine fermented on the skins. I live near Scranton in Northeast PA and I’m not sure where I could go to source grapes. The person who I will be making this batch with lives in NJ and we were looking into possibly going through Corrado’s market as they have a crusher/destemmer on site. I want to produce a more full bodied wine than I’ve been able to with even the highest end kits and I believe this is probably the best route. Any advice as to where I could source grapes, and tips for my first fresh grape wine would be very appreciated. I can’t wait to learn from some of the many great wine makers here. Thanks!
Hello

I live between Scranton and Allentown. Peter Brehm has AWESOME grapes and has a warehouse in Scranton. I can't get his website up right now so maybe he retired? Otherwise, I drive up to Finger Lakes for wine. Also Keystone in Blue Bell has decent stuff. If you'd like to collaborate or go halvsies on a large purchase, let me know.

Back