Hello, from PA.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

FlamingoEmporium

Reaction score
11??? I hope you had a DD! My personal best is 8, and I could not tell you what the wines at the last one tasted like!
We always hit our favorites first and try to save the new places toward the end. Our favorite places, we would limit the tasting to only new releases and save ourselves for other places. The worst year was when we did 5 champagne tastings in the middle of the day.

Reaction score
I’m very happy to have found this forum! I am not new to wine making but I am looking to step up my wine game by making a fresh grape Cabernet Sauvignon this fall. I have made many kit wines as well as a lot of wine from fresh fruit, just never a fresh grape wine fermented on the skins. I live near Scranton in Northeast PA and I’m not sure where I could go to source grapes. The person who I will be making this batch with lives in NJ and we were looking into possibly going through Corrado’s market as they have a crusher/destemmer on site. I want to produce a more full bodied wine than I’ve been able to with even the highest end kits and I believe this is probably the best route. Any advice as to where I could source grapes, and tips for my first fresh grape wine would be very appreciated. I can’t wait to learn from some of the many great wine makers here. Thanks!
Hi, I have a vineyard located in south central PA (south of McConnellsburg) and often take my grapes to Buffalo Valley Produce Auction in Mifflinburg, PA which is not far from you. I do not grow a cabernet sauvignon, but have noiret, arandell, or marquette that may be of some interest to you.